Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-16 16:19:15 - last edited 2021-12-13 06:10:43
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

I  have no idea on Firmware which I updated this today, 16/11.

I bought this sometime last year and thought it was working as I can see the TP-Link utility which suggests a speed of 282 MBPS. The internet download is decent but more likely to be the 24-27 as shown by various speedtests.

I set this up a while ago according to the accompanying instructions so that I have three lights showing on both adaptors. One is connected to the modem in the room below where I have connected my laptop.

The WiFi has remained as showing on on my laptop. If I switch WiFi off I lose broadband connectivity. With WiFi either on or off under Settings-Ethernet, I simply have an Unidentified Network message.

Is this issue simply that I am not on the same wire circuit as all diagrams indicate I should be, or that the adaptors are faulty?

Apologise for the vagueness. The only other information I can give you is:

Powerline MAC E4-C3-2A-0F-F9

Powerline Key: EBBU-RLNA-Wisd-SNAF

Thanks very much.

Bluesville

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on -Solution
2021-12-07 09:51:25 - last edited 2021-12-13 06:10:43

Hello @Bluesville 

Sorry for the late update, if AV600 are paired (House Leds ON)but no Internet, you could try some suggestions here:

1. Try a different Ethernet cable between the Main adapter and router

2. Try a different LAN port on router, confirm computer could get Internet when wired to router directly 

3. Confirm if computer get an IP address , usually we use obtain IP address automatically, not stactic IP 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on -Solution
2021-12-07 09:51:25 - last edited 2021-12-13 06:10:43

Hello @Bluesville 

Sorry for the late update, if AV600 are paired (House Leds ON)but no Internet, you could try some suggestions here:

2. Try a different LAN port on router, confirm computer could get Internet when wired to router directly 

3. Confirm if computer get an IP address , usually we use obtain IP address automatically, not stactic IP 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on
2021-12-09 09:50:50

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for this and I will try this. Pete

Options
Re:Powerlines not working despite Ethernet connections for both laptop/modem and 3 lights on
2021-12-10 11:25:02

@Solla-topee 

Hi I have powerlines working after a bit of tweaking.

Speed is a bit faster at c. 72 mbps download and 18.7 mbps upload.

I did have a complete break in transmission yesterday which almost never happens (every few years) with my ISP but not issue since.

I will try different ports and see what happens. TBH this is quick enough for me as I suspect film streaming will be quicker, too.

Thanks very much for everyone's help.

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @Bluesville 

Options
2021-12-13 06:09:30 - last edited 2021-12-13 06:10:27

Hello @Bluesville 

Thank you for the updating here and glad  to hear that the Powerline units works again.

Feel free to let me know if you need any further help! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 483

Replies: 4

Related Articles