AX73 - cant connect WiFi printer - HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-19 21:38:14
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Lastest

Hello!

Iv got brand new AX73, and little old Samsung Xpress M2020W. On my old router Asus RT-AC66U everything was fine. Now cant connect prinetr to wifi. Even if i separate 2.4G and 5G, networks. Even if mannually put 2.4G to 20mhz wide, seciurity to WPA2-PSK / AES. Still gets connection error - wrong security acces. Ofc i put always correct password. Sometimes, gots error like Overall connection error. Ofc, trying connect to AX73 wifi network using printer on USB. Tried also on SyncThru web service, on direct connect, buts its slowly, and gets only connection error message.

Please help. Meabe its old printer but really dont need new, that one is enought.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX73 - cant connect WiFi printer - HELP
2021-11-20 02:00:52

@Jasko-PL 

Hi,

How far is the Samsung printer away from the router? In case the printer and the router are separated by one or more rooms, then move the printer closer to the router and try again.

Options
2021-11-20 08:39:31

@woozle 

Its few meters away. This is not that. On samsung printer wifi setup like on syncthru wifi range is max. So... that isnt a problem.

Options
2021-11-20 17:02:48

@Jasko-PL 

Maybe try again with the router's Wireless settings set to "Version: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK" and "Encryption: TKIP/AES" and then try to connect the printer via the WPS button method.

I would say if that doesn't work, then I am afraid there might be some compatibility issue between the AX73 and the Xpress M2020W. 

Options
2021-11-20 17:44:07 - last edited 2021-11-20 17:53:05

@woozle ...

I guess mine AX73 is broken.

Tried everything, every possibility. And only on OPEN network printer connect one time on 10. Also why my router is broken.... ?? All devices are near router, max 5-6m around, and look only for "not bad" phones.

All gots WiFi6 interface, and look for speeds.... And interface. I maked forced 5G, and they randomly connect on 2.4G.

This is my old ASUS RT-AC66U with Merlin-Fork cfw [WiFi5 only]:

Options
2021-11-22 03:21:09

@Jasko-PL 

Hello, regarding the phones connecting to the 2.4G automatically, it seems that you've enabled the Smart Connect feature on the AX73, try disabling it to see if they can connect to the 5G network and give you a better performance.

Regarding the Samsung printer, please check if you can make a connection with the router by using the WPS button. Here is the guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2656/

Be sure that there is no blacklist for Access Control or any other blocking settings on the router configured for the printer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 688

Replies: 5