Av600 powerline adaptor problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-21 16:43:34

Installed a powerline adaptor kit about 12months ago to extend the home WiFi (bt) from the house down to our office in the garden as the WiFi didn't reach, don't recall exactly how I installed them, I would guess following the instructions, anyway, everything worked perfectly and our broadband was extended, the SSID of our existing router was being broadcast and all our devices connected no issues. Our broadband died the other day and we had to reset the router (well BT did remotely) and the WiFi for the office dropped out, when we tried to log back in the office WiFi, our bt router had disappeared and instead the tp link is broadcasting its own SSID.

Our smart tv in the bar (next to the office) won't connect to the tp link anymore, and obviously can't find our bt router SSID anymore

Is there a reason for it changing? Can i get it back to how it was originally? (I'm pretty sure I didn't change the SSID on the tp link when i installed them) 

Thanks in advance for any help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Av600 powerline adaptor problem
2021-11-25 08:22:10

Hello @Por968t 

Sorry for the late reply, tp-link wireless powerline unit will broadcast its own SSID after a factory reset, you could connect to the SSID using the 8 digits wireless password on the label of unit. 

After connect to extender's WiFi signal, you could change the wireless settings again using tpPLC APP or Utility? 

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?
How to Change Wireless Setting Using the tpPLC App (Smartphone)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 1

Related Articles