Deco M4 set up on KCOM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 set up on KCOM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 set up on KCOM
Deco M4 set up on KCOM
2021-11-21 21:08:55 - last edited 2021-11-23 10:02:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello 

I have today purchased two Deco M4s to replace my Zyxel router. My ISP is KCOM which is full fibre. 

I have tried numerous times tonight to set the new Dexo router up to no avail. 

I disconnect my KCOM router and plug my Dexo M4 into the modem. LAN 1. 

Using the Deco app I go through set up and choose PPOE as internet type. I input my KCOM username and password and go through the set up process. I am able to rename the router and change password but the router will not connect to the internet. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 set up on KCOM-Solution
2021-11-22 14:06:45 - last edited 2021-11-23 10:02:16

@TP-Link in summary my ISP logon credentials were incorrect so I had to request these from them. 

For anyone with a similar issue, especially with KCOM. I needed to select PPOE as my internet type and input my KCOM username and password into the relevant fields. 

Once that was done it was all straightforward! 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 set up on KCOM
2021-11-22 11:03:39

@NCW18 

Hi, I see the Deco M4 is online under your TP-Link ID so I guess you have fixed this issue already?

If yes, would you mind sharing with us how?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M4 set up on KCOM-Solution
2021-11-22 14:06:45 - last edited 2021-11-23 10:02:16

@TP-Link in summary my ISP logon credentials were incorrect so I had to request these from them. 

For anyone with a similar issue, especially with KCOM. I needed to select PPOE as my internet type and input my KCOM username and password into the relevant fields. 

Once that was done it was all straightforward! 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 538

Replies: 2

Related Articles