2Ghz & 5Ghz lights not getting turned on post configuration.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-23 17:14:09 - last edited 2021-11-23 17:15:28
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 20200922

Hi Team,

My range extender was working smooth till i changed my wifi service provider recently. Now with the new router, I tried configuring the extender. The extender apparently seems configured and i can see both extended wifi networks for 2G as well as 5G on my mobile/laptops for selection. But when i connect to these EXT networks, i get connected but soon after it shows no data connection and at times i was even shown access denied message whereby it did not even connect. Also I don't see both 2G and 5G LEDs on the extender in ON state. Only power LED stays ON. And when i again visit the tether app, I don't even see any existing extender set-up in the app. I have tried rebooting the extender a 100 times but to no avail. Rebooted the router as well but no luck.

Any advice will be appreciated as my work is getting seriously hampered. 

TIA... 

Options
3 Reply
Re:2Ghz & 5Ghz lights not getting turned on post configuration.
2021-11-24 05:49:01

Hello @Ashish_Here 

If RE does not have the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Led, it does not connect to router successfully, please follow guide below to examine router's Wi-Fi password, factory reset extender and set it up again.  Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Options
2021-11-25 08:35:33

@Solla-topee 

Really appreciate your prompt revert, however i have been advised by the tech support to courier the device across to service center for repair or replacement so i am presuming the device is faulty.. 

Thsnks again

Options
2021-11-25 11:53:21

@Ashish_Here Thank you for let us know. Hope you could get replacement soon and make all work again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 3