SIM Card not found Error / Replacing sim card slot of TPLINK MR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-24 04:14:45 - last edited 2021-11-24 04:15:45
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0.0.9.1 V0001.0 Build 200511

Last September I'm having a problem with my TP-Link mr600 router which I bought last December 2019. I tried all the recommendations on the below thread but unfortunately, the problem still persists..

[Troubleshooting] SIM Card not Found?

So I'm pretty sure that maybe the hardware was the problem.  So I ask here for some guide to disassemble on how to disassemble or open the front panel of the router but to no avail, no one responds to my thread.

How to disassemble Archer MR600?

I'm starting to get frustrated since it's only 2 years since I bought this device, meanwhile my old modem which was supposed to be the predecessor of my mr600 was still working since 2015. It's also the most expensive modem I bought.

I already lose hope and think the modem is now for disposal but I just go YOLO and give it another try. I opened up my unit, damaging the case slightly in the process (couple of broken tabs and bent plastic grey thing in the front. 

Without proper assessment, I just assume that maybe... the problem was with the sim card slot, I read a couple of times here that they need to press harder even put a paper at the top of the sim just to make the sim card read.

Tried searching on the internet for the replacement of the sim card slot. Fortunately, I found some international store that sells it for 4$ ( it was for mr6400 but I think they are using the same slot for all tp-link LTE modems). Bought a piece and takes a week to receive the item.

I asked my friend who is a phone/gadget technician to replace the sim card slot since I don't have the tools to replace it. He was baffled since It's so rare especially for a modem to have a broken sim card slot. He advises that the usual culprit for that problem is the IC chip for the sim card. He decides to proceed with the replacement without assurance of fixing it.

Heres the old sim card slot:

Fortunately, the modem works, NOW ITS PERFECTLY FINE. I'm really not sure how the sim card slot of my modem broke since I rarely remove the sim card from the modem. Maybe tp-link can take a note of this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:SIM Card not found Error / Replacing sim card slot of TPLINK MR600
2021-11-24 12:34:22

@dvyx 

Thank you very much for sharing with us.

I am very glad to forward your test results to our senior engineers.

What you and your expert friend have achieved is amazing and highly demanding.

For most cases, after the basic troubleshooting, it is suggested to contact the local shop retailer to ask for a warranty directly.

Options
Re:SIM Card not found Error / Replacing sim card slot of TPLINK MR600
2022-04-15 09:09:00

@dvyx Could you please post the link where you bought SIM reader, thx

dvyx wrote

Last September I'm having a problem with my TP-Link mr600 router which I bought last December 2019. I tried all the recommendations on the below thread but unfortunately, the problem still persists..

[Troubleshooting] SIM Card not Found?

So I'm pretty sure that maybe the hardware was the problem.  So I ask here for some guide to disassemble on how to disassemble or open the front panel of the router but to no avail, no one responds to my thread.

How to disassemble Archer MR600?

I'm starting to get frustrated since it's only 2 years since I bought this device, meanwhile my old modem which was supposed to be the predecessor of my mr600 was still working since 2015. It's also the most expensive modem I bought.

I already lose hope and think the modem is now for disposal but I just go YOLO and give it another try. I opened up my unit, damaging the case slightly in the process (couple of broken tabs and bent plastic grey thing in the front. 

Without proper assessment, I just assume that maybe... the problem was with the sim card slot, I read a couple of times here that they need to press harder even put a paper at the top of the sim just to make the sim card read.

Tried searching on the internet for the replacement of the sim card slot. Fortunately, I found some international store that sells it for 4$ ( it was for mr6400 but I think they are using the same slot for all tp-link LTE modems). Bought a piece and takes a week to receive the item.

I asked my friend who is a phone/gadget technician to replace the sim card slot since I don't have the tools to replace it. He was baffled since It's so rare especially for a modem to have a broken sim card slot. He advises that the usual culprit for that problem is the IC chip for the sim card. He decides to proceed with the replacement without assurance of fixing it.

Heres the old sim card slot:

Fortunately, the modem works, NOW ITS PERFECTLY FINE. I'm really not sure how the sim card slot of my modem broke since I rarely remove the sim card from the modem. Maybe tp-link can take a note of this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2488

Replies: 2

Related Articles