Latest Firmware for the TL-WPA8631P KIT(EU)_V3.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-25 15:03:40
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought this Kit roughly 5 months ago to pair with my trusty A7 router for better performance on the 1st floor of my house, performance has always been great with the odd drop off's but my main concern was how hot the unit was getting(to the point of turning it off when not in use).

Finally it seems TP have finally released some firmware for the EU edition(installed via utility) and it seems to of immediately improved performance and solved the heat issue(now just a healthy warm), I'm just wondering if this is somewhat placebo or were there known issues addressed with the firmware?(Can't find any meaningful patch notes).

Thankyou.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Latest Firmware for the TL-WPA8631P KIT(EU)_V3.
2021-11-30 11:25:02

Hello @Dashy 

Thank you very much also for your comment with TL-WPA8631P new firmware, and glad to hear that new firmware helps improve the overall performance.

If you mean TL-WPA8631P(EU)_V3_210514 the new firmware added WPA3 and fixed could not build OneMesh issue . So far there's not  a known heating issue with this model, probably the firmware fixes some minus bugs and help improve the performance. I would recommend keeping monitoring the performance, feel free to let us know for anything new, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 1