Blocked / Firewalled sites Passthrough Poweline starter kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-28 07:05:06
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: TL-PA7017P KIT(EU)_V4_191101

Hi :)
It appears that my kit has some kind of firewall. For example i can connect to FB with no problem but many of the sites that i visit normally with my wireless connection, now cannot connect. Not even The Radeon update app could connect to download latest driver.    

I setup the kits , downloaded the latest firmware, explored the menu, prayed to God. Nothing worked. 
Plz help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocked / Firewalled sites Passthrough Poweline starter kit
2021-11-30 12:04:24 - last edited 2021-11-30 12:04:46

Hello @Kokkaliaris 

Do you own model TL-PA7017P KIT, does the issue happen on one device or multiple devices, e.g. multiple computers ? 

1.  If this happens on certain device, try to change DNS as 8.8.8.8, save the settings, and see if the website will work

Refer to set up to set up DNS:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

2.  You may also change router DNS and see if that helps

Can you share some urls of the websites that could not be visited,on the computer connected to TL-PA7017P,  try to ping router's IP address (IPv4 default gateway), ping 8.8.8.8 , ping the website URL see if ping fails or not? You may attach a file or photo of the ping results, thank you.  How to Use the Ping Command

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 366

Replies: 1

Related Articles