RE200 Wifi extender all lights including WPS are solid green but Wifi signal not showing in phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 Wifi extender all lights including WPS are solid green but Wifi signal not showing in phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 17:46:10
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi Team,

All lights in my TP-link RE200 Wifi Extender are solid Green including WPS as well. but when I am trying to connect extended network from Phone or Laptop it is not showing me the name of Extended Network.

Steps already tried:

1. Tried to reset by pressing the reset button in Tp-link extender but no reponse from device. Lights remain constant ON even after pressing the reset button for different duration (between 1sec to 1 min)

2. tried pressing the WPS button in TP-Link extender as well as Main WiFi Router but still No response from Tp-Link Wifi extender.

please help 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 Wifi extender all lights including WPS are solid green but Wifi signal not showing in phone
2021-12-06 12:11:40

Hello @Rohit_Jain 

Please change a different wall outlet and try factory reset again:

RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 

How to hard reset TP-Link wireless access points, extenders to factory defaults

It sounds like  a faulty unit as WPS button does not usually light up until you press it, plus REdoes not responds a factory reset when you push the reset button:

May I know recently was there any power outage, firmware update failure or thunderstorm on this extender? It is recommended to contact retailer or locall support to check device warranty. 

Options
Re:RE200 Wifi extender all lights including WPS are solid green but Wifi signal not showing in phone
2021-12-06 12:31:09
Hi Team (Solla), Thanks for your reply, I already tried on multiple walls as well as multiple floors just to check... Even when I switch off the main Wifi from where my T-Link Extender is taking the connection still it is not reacting to that. In this scenario also all light remain On. I bought it Online from Amazon.in. It is still under warranty. Is there any way I can raise the complaint and get the product replace from company. Can you please help me how to connect with Local Support. I stayed in Rohini Sector-24, New Delhi, India. PinCode-110085. Appreciate your response.
Options