My TL-WA854RE is not being detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 16:39:49
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a TL-WA-854RE which was working just fine in the place I used to live before. Recently, I moved to a place and tried to use it. Plugged it in the socket, it detects the wifi of the building I live in now (with free wifi), but neither my phone or my laptop are able to detect the extender's wifi signal.

Any ideas on this?

Options
5 Reply
Re:My TL-WA854RE is not being detected
2021-12-09 10:24:39 - last edited 2021-12-09 11:42:18

@HugoSam 

May I know is that free Wi-Fi a Portal WiFi? (Portal WiFi : authentication page pops when connected to WiFi), public/ portal Wi-Fi has different ways for authentication, sometimes. range extender may fail to it.   Please make sure other devices could connect to that Free Wi-Fi , later factory reset extender resin tall it Tether APP or RE Web page  from scratch and see if that make any difference.

If you have a  WiFi router, you could try some basic troubleshooting in this thread:

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Options
2021-12-10 16:46:37

@Solla-topee Thank you for your reply! The thing is my phone and also my computer can't find the wifi signal as it isn't listed. It's not a question of not being abl to connect to the wifi. The network we use is one using an Asus modem (if you think is worth it I may see and tell you the model) and it doesn't require any password. It isn't also one of those free wifi who requires login/registering by providing email or any other type of data,

Options
2021-12-10 16:57:50
Also, I can easily connect to that wifi with my phone and my computer. It's just I can't see the extender listed.
Options
2021-12-10 16:57:53
Also, I can easily connect to that wifi with my phone and my computer. It's just I can't see the extender listed.
Options
2021-12-13 01:52:23 - last edited 2021-12-13 01:53:56

Hello @HugoSam 

If you could not see Extender WiFi , try to factory reset extender and Extender default SSID will show up, during set up, you could give extender a different SSID during setup. 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 

What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?

By the way, extender use the same security type as router, if main router is a open network , extender will also be an open network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 5