Deco X20 PPPoE with VLAN - Not able to use wired LAN anymore?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-08 01:20:22 - last edited 2023-07-07 09:23:51
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just to confirm if we use X20 to connect via PPPoE and we MUST use VLAN for "Malaysia Unifi" ?

hence, we will not be able to use the ethernet port for wired LAN anymore?

Is there a solution to this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 PPPoE with VLAN - Not able to use wired LAN anymore?-Solution
2021-12-09 06:59:37 - last edited 2021-12-09 07:02:42

@Damuz 

Hi, thank you for bringing up this question and I do believe many users might have the same confusion.

Here is some information for your reference:

1. As for the built-in ISP profiles, you don’t have to use them if you already know what your internet type is and whether you need special VLAN settings or not.

It is mainly for reference and to save your time if you are not sure how to set up your network.

Note: All the profiles have been confirmed with the local service providers and some settings might need to be updated with time.

If you are aware that some built-in files have mistakes, please feel free to let me know.

2. There are two VLAN settings on Deco, internet VLAN and IPTV VLAN.

Based on their names, you might know internet VLAN takes effect during internet configuration, it would not mess up with the LAN settings.

For the IPTV VLAN, with firmware below 1.5.0, like 1.4.x, it refers to the second LAN port of main Deco. So once it was enabled, only IPTV set-up top box could connect to this port.

With firmware 1.5.0 and above, you could pick up any LAN ports on the Deco, except the WAN port as the IPTV port. So other LAN ports are still available for Ethernet connection.

For more details, please refer to this link:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

Note: For HomeShield models, like Deco X90/X68/X60 v3, it is suggested to check the release note to see whether the firmware supports IPTV on the satellite Deco.

Thank you very much.

And please let me know if you have more confusion.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 PPPoE with VLAN - Not able to use wired LAN anymore?-Solution
2021-12-09 06:59:37 - last edited 2021-12-09 07:02:42

@Damuz 

Hi, thank you for bringing up this question and I do believe many users might have the same confusion.

Here is some information for your reference:

1. As for the built-in ISP profiles, you don’t have to use them if you already know what your internet type is and whether you need special VLAN settings or not.

It is mainly for reference and to save your time if you are not sure how to set up your network.

Note: All the profiles have been confirmed with the local service providers and some settings might need to be updated with time.

If you are aware that some built-in files have mistakes, please feel free to let me know.

2. There are two VLAN settings on Deco, internet VLAN and IPTV VLAN.

Based on their names, you might know internet VLAN takes effect during internet configuration, it would not mess up with the LAN settings.

For the IPTV VLAN, with firmware below 1.5.0, like 1.4.x, it refers to the second LAN port of main Deco. So once it was enabled, only IPTV set-up top box could connect to this port.

With firmware 1.5.0 and above, you could pick up any LAN ports on the Deco, except the WAN port as the IPTV port. So other LAN ports are still available for Ethernet connection.

For more details, please refer to this link:

Note: For HomeShield models, like Deco X90/X68/X60 v3, it is suggested to check the release note to see whether the firmware supports IPTV on the satellite Deco.

Thank you very much.

And please let me know if you have more confusion.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco X20 PPPoE with VLAN - Not able to use wired LAN anymore?
2022-02-11 03:19:53

@TP-Link 

Is there a mistaken? Deco X20 has only 2 ports (port 1 and port 2, there's no 3rd port (WAN port) as mentioned.

so, if I use port 1 as WAN port, and I have to use port 2 as IPTV VLAN port, there's no way I can use wired LAN anymore,, am I right?

Options
Re:Deco X20 PPPoE with VLAN - Not able to use wired LAN anymore?
2022-02-11 03:48:40

@Damuz 

Hi, currently, the firmware above 1.5.0 (HomeCare model)has supported IPTV on satellite units.

For Deco X20 V2, the HomeShield model, the latest firmware 1.1.3 supports IPTV on satellite units as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 3

Related Articles