AX1800 Router wan port comes orange

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-09 08:28:51
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hello,

I have a problem, the wan port on my router lights up orange from time to time. I don’t have internet at the time. My ISP has already checked several of them for disruptions.
The thing is, there are no problems on the ISP side - I tried another router - an older one, everything worked fine. With this new AX I have to reload it about 3-5 times a day because the orange wan light comes on. The system logs don't show anything, I don't know where to look for the problem. Maybe someone you’ve encountered that?
Options
3 Reply
Re:AX1800 Router wan port comes orange
2021-12-10 05:46:02

@DassEval 

Hello, please follow the troubleshooting suggestions in the thread below, then get back with the information required, we will see how to proceed:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-09 08:18:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hello again!

Looks like that troubleshoot - which is change dns to static ones, helped for a short period of time.

It was stopped for a month and right now orange led still annoying me.

Its like I must restart router every hour or so, Have no idea how to fix this thing. Have done device reset, change dns to different ones

And nothing solve it.

If I plug IPS cable direct to PC - nothing like this happen. Computer get internet all the time without problems.

So - its not IPS fault. Like I said - old router have no problems either.

When orange led happen - if I go to system log it says:

2022-01-09 10:14:03 Led Controller INFO [1091] Start to run WAN1_OFF

2022-01-09 10:14:03 Led Controller INFO [1091] Start to run WAN0_ON

2022-01-09 10:14:03 Led Controller INFO [1091] Start to run LAN_ON

Then I try to release address and renew it. Then router fixes it and internet live again.

Its kind a sad, because this new router is powerful, but no sense that I should lost connection in the games or voice chat all the time... 

Maybe someone has any ideas?

Options
2022-01-10 08:13:09

Hello @DassEval,

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 3

Related Articles