BT Wholesome Wifi Disks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

BT Wholesome Wifi Disks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
BT Wholesome Wifi Disks
BT Wholesome Wifi Disks
2021-12-12 16:26:23 - last edited 2021-12-14 03:19:53
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So apologies up front as this may be a naive question but I would appreciate your support. I have a BT Whole Home WiFi system with 6 discs - the maximum permissible. This is connected via a BT Business Smart Hub (we run a business from home) but the WiFi on the BT Smart Hub is not switched on as is recommended when using the Whole Home disks. Each of the 6 disks has a device attached directly through the single Ethernet socket on the back of the disk. Soooooo - I need to extend the strength of the WiFi as I have some Arlo security cameras installed outside the house and the range of the WiFi is at its very limit making these cameras difficult to connect. I live in an old house with reasonably thick walls. My question is this and I hope you can help. Firstly which tp-link extender should I use and if successful will this extender give me access to all the devices connected to the Ethernet ports on the 6 BT Whole Home disks. (I just plucked AC500 out of the air as the 'model' number when asked as obviously I don't have a clue as to what I am doing!) Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:BT Wholesome Wifi Disks-Solution
2021-12-13 08:55:56 - last edited 2021-12-14 03:19:53

Hello @DCGillespie 

As camera are outside the house, wired connection is recommenced  to ensure stability. Home product is usually used inside the house, thus you may consider an outdoor Access Point, like our EAP product wired to Home hub router/ one of the disk of BT Whole Home.

Or you may use one of the BT Whole Home WiFI disk as an AP (wired to front end) and put it closer to camera and see if WiFi range could cover the camera. 

If you need more detailed information about EAP, please start a new thread in business subform and our smb moderator will help further. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:BT Wholesome Wifi Disks-Solution
2021-12-13 08:55:56 - last edited 2021-12-14 03:19:53

Hello @DCGillespie 

As camera are outside the house, wired connection is recommenced  to ensure stability. Home product is usually used inside the house, thus you may consider an outdoor Access Point, like our EAP product wired to Home hub router/ one of the disk of BT Whole Home.

Or you may use one of the BT Whole Home WiFI disk as an AP (wired to front end) and put it closer to camera and see if WiFi range could cover the camera. 

If you need more detailed information about EAP, please start a new thread in business subform and our smb moderator will help further. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:BT Wholesome Wifi Disks
2021-12-13 09:15:38

@Solla-topee Thank you sincerely. This is most helpful. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 2

Related Articles