tp link range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp link range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tp link range extender
tp link range extender
2021-12-12 22:02:55 - last edited 2021-12-13 01:14:32
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Have been trying all day today to get connected!

Frustrated now with total hair loss.

Can I ask 2 or 3 questions that will confirm my stupidity?

I have bought adapters TL-PA4010 and extender TL-WPA4220 will these work useing a BT Router? Or do I buy a TP-link Router?

My Router is upstairs in my house on a different electrical 13 amp circuit to my dead spot in my carport which is obviously on my

ground floor house circuit, The carport is 15 meters from my house, "question, should 15 meters be within range for my extender"?

3rd Question,

My cctv camera!  (which I haven't been able to set up yet)   Is there a download available that will help me to view

activation in my house,on my laptop without having to take the microsim card out of the camera and put it in the laptop.

I am a novice of 71 years, "Thats my excuse".

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp link range extender
2021-12-17 13:13:21

Hello @desperardo 

Sorry for the late reply, I hope I could help, please check my answers below:

1.  Powerline KIT have to use under the same electrical circuit, that means under the same power meter 

You may also check FAQ here for more details:  Q3.10: Can Powerline adapters work if they are separated by Circuit Breakers/ Fuse Boxes/ Fuse Boards?

Most frequently asked questions about TP-Link powerline devices

2. we do not usually use direct distance between the 2 locations, but the house powerline distance, usually powerline kit could be paired under the same powerline in the same house (within 300m powerline distance )However, with noise, interference, and line quality the range the powerline adapter can reach may be reduced.

3. TL-WPA4220 could work with BT router or routers of different manufactures

4.  If PC connected to router and camera connected to PLC extender , or vice versa, PC and camera will be the under the local network, as all the IP address are assigned by router.  For camera streaming question, you may consult CCTV camera support for more details. 

Hope the above helps. 

Options