Archer Ax11000 Random dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-14 04:52:43
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(4155)

Hi,

I have had the Archer now for a month or so. In this time it have been awesome at what it does but every couple of weeks it will just drop out and require a manual restart. I have even done a factory reset and this didnt solve the issues. 

I have a static DHCP IP address and sometime one restart wont fix the issue and it needs a couple to get back to online. 

I have confirmed and the ISP is seeing the correct MAC address. 

I have even connect an old router to confirm that the ISP was functioning as per and all is normal. 

Cheers. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer Ax11000 Random dropouts
2021-12-14 07:02:09

@Tombstone 

Hello, can you please confirm who is your ISP? Do you mean the WAN connection type provided by your ISP is Static IP?

Please go through the below troubleshooting suggestions, then report back if any helps:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-17 02:13:55

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I can confirm my ISP is Superloop and Yes they provide me with a static IP address. I have also have a look at your trouble shooting and can confirm that my router is runnign the most recent firmware ect. 

Cheers. 

Options
2021-12-17 03:15:55

@Tombstone 

Have you tried my suggestions, such as changing the cable between the modem and the AX11000, cloning the MAC address of the old router to AX11000?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-17 04:46:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I am unable to change the cable between the router and NTD as it is installed internal and I am very doubtful that there is an issue with this relatively new cat 6 cable. 

I am also hesitant to change the mac address as I can see the ISP is seeing the correct address and wonder how this would be causing any issues. I am also using the default DNS set from the ISP. 

Cheers. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Tombstone 

Have you tried my suggestions, such as changing the cable between the modem and the AX11000, cloning the MAC address of the old router to AX11000?

Options
2021-12-17 08:05:46

@Tombstone 

If that is the case that you don't want to make any change as we asked to try to locate the drop out issue, I would have no more suggestions but advise you to try enabling the Auto Reboot feature on the AX11000, then you can monitor if the drop out issue will persist.

If it persists, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further to see if it is a concern in the router that can be resolved:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 5

Related Articles