Issue with WN8200ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue with WN8200ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Issue with WN8200ND
Issue with WN8200ND
2021-12-14 19:02:23 - last edited 2021-12-14 20:24:18
Model: USB Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've been using this receiver on my desktop PC for 4 years or so, in the last year and a half, whenever I try to download something, either via direct download, or Steam, Origin, Torrents.. It keeps disconnecting/losing power..

I had to buy a new one recently because the one I had burnt or something during one of those disconnections (I'm not talking about a loss in internet connection, the adapter restarts and cant regain connection unless I unplug and plug again..)

I installed the latest drivers back in 2020, it didnt change anything.. and now that I got a new one, I think its even worse..

If this happens to be a normal issue with some sort of easy fix, I'd be really gratefull to know, its a pain to try to download anything..

I'm using Windows 10, it didnt happen in W7 if I remember correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: If I set the download speed to 3.5mbps maximum, it stays connected.. Could it be a bandwith issue? Maybe the router? I've got full signal from where my pc is

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with WN8200ND
2021-12-16 01:44:15 - last edited 2021-12-16 01:50:11

Hello @rockfeli 

May I know which driver you've tried on the new TL-WN8200ND adapter? 

1. Please try this latest chipset driver for  TL-WN8200 V2.0 and see if help with the issue:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/Driver_RTL_8192EU_TL-WN8200_UN_2.0.zip

How to manually install driver: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

2. Try change a different Wi-Fi channel on router and you could download WiFi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean 2.4Ghz channel.
Also try to lower the channel width like 20Mhz on 2.4Ghz to decrease the interference (this will sacrify some speed)

3. Make sure other device working fine with the router WiFi at the same location

Can you confirm some details here if the above does not work: 
1.What is the error message when the WiFi connection drops out? How often the issue happen?

2. How do you recover the internet connection, reboot the computer, or disable/enable the adapter? 

3. Please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Thanks!

Options
Re:Issue with WN8200ND
2021-12-26 20:34:58 - last edited 2021-12-26 20:36:30

@Solla-topee Hi!

Sorry for taking so long to answer, personal problems...

1- I have that driver you linked

2- Its currently on 20MhZ, has been since forever I think because ive never changed it. The channel is set to 'Auto', I tried some others but the issue remains.

3- The notebook works perfectly fine. And cell phones too.

To answer the last set of questions:

1- There's no error message, the connection is lost, windows makes the USB disconnection noise. It also resets the whole network sometimes, not always though. 

It happens every 2 or 3 minutes whenever I'm downloading something.. either via direct download, torrent, or programs like Steam or Origin, etc. Curiously enough, there's no problem if I'm watching videos of any kind (through netflix, youtube, or torrent related apps like Streamio or Popcorn Time) even though it may be downloading at max speed.

2- What you said.. restart the pc (most of the time it has to be with the restart button, since windows wont let me disconnect the adapter safely and it stays bugged) or unplugging the USB adapter and plugging it again, by force too, windows wont let me disconnect it safely.

3- I attached the screenshot.

Thank you very much for the help!

File:
System Info.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 780

Replies: 2

Related Articles