TP Link NM300 + AV600 wifi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 18:22:40

Hello all.

I was hoping someone more technical than myself could help.

(apologies if I don't use the correct terminology - I'm doing my best!)

I've recently bought the following from Amazon to boost the wifi in my home and also provide ethernet points where previously there were none - 'TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit'. I believe this is the AV600?

I followed the guide included with the items to get the devices set up. Once I'd followed the set up instructions I then had 3 wifi networks -

1) my original sky network (via Sky)

2) extender network 1

3) extender network 2

Problem was I only wanted one wifi network - and to basically use the AV600s as range extenders (sorry if this isnt the correct terminology).

I followed the instructions in a youtube video where i logged into tplinkplc dot net whilst connected to the new wifi networks and renamed them to the same name (SSID?) as my own home wifi and changed the passwords to do the same. I clicked save.

Since then I'm not getting any improved wifi connection. There are 3 solid, unblinking lights on one of the extenders (wifi logo, power logo and the one that looks like 3 vertical lines under a roof) and 2 solid unblinking lights on the other extender (power and wifi). There are no other lights on on either extender.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link NM300 + AV600 wifi not working
2021-12-17 11:48:55

Hello @JMC321 

• Please check the model number on unit sticker, do you have 1 TL-PA4010 + 2 WPA4220 extenders? Or do you have other tp-link extender? 
  •  Make sure AV600s are paired, the House LED should be ON the main unit (4010), and extender units (4220)

1.Put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done
3. Connect main powerline unit to router via Ethernet cable, and put powerline extender in another room 
4.  Download this tpPLC Utility on a computer, or download tpPLC APP and customize wireless settings for powerline units.
 https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220-kit/

Here is an FAQ to change a Wi-Fi name and password:
http://www.tp-link.com/faq-1611.html

Options
2021-12-19 15:40:49

@Solla-topee 

Hey Solla,

Thanks for your reply.

I've been on with tech support in the meantime but don't seem to be getting very far.

You are correct, it is the TL-WPA4220 TKIT(UK) Ver.5

The issue I seem to be coming across is this - 

I can set up the extenders as normal and they seem to be providing their own wifi networks (ie. named TPLINK_1234), but as soon as I rename the SSID to my own Sky SSID and change the password over the wifi drops. I can be stood right next to the extender and only be getting 1 bar of wifi (which makes me suspect I'm not connecting to the extender at all, only the router?).

I've reset the adapter and both extenders multiple times, I've unpaired and repaired multiple times and I've updated the firmware. Nothing seems to help.

Also one of the extenders keeps dropping to only 2 lights on (wifi and power).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

JMC

Options
2021-12-29 08:49:18

Hello @JMC321 

Sorry for the late reply, here are some suggestions for your concern. 

1. if the extender keeps losing pair (House Led goes off, and only leave WiFi and Power Led), this could be caused the interfernece or poor powerline evironment in that location

You could change a different wall outlet/ location to for it, or put it closer to the main adapter

2. If changing Wi-Fi power line SSID to the router the same, there is only 1 signal bar :

- Make sure Hide the SSID is ' unchecked' , ' Host Network '  is enabled when you change wireless settings

- Turn off Wi-Fi move before change the SSID , wifi move will change SSID of wifi units the same

What does Wi-Fi Move feature mean and how to use it?

- Scan for nearby WiFi signal  using an app like  WiFi analyzer APP,  please check if there is any TPLINK SSID, or SKY 1, Sky2- Sky3 SSID ? 

If still the same issue, please wire a computer to WPA4220 and login its Web page, share a photo of the WiFi settings, share a photo of WiFi Scan results after you change the SSID to the same as router. Is the WiFi Leds On on both WPA4220 wifi powerline  extender? Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 3

Related Articles