KS230 only light up shortly and turn off again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-18 05:19:22 - last edited 2022-01-17 11:17:28
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello

I just installed KS230 dimmer 3-way switches. When I turn on the light, it stays on for a few seconds and then shuts of again. Anyone has had this issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KS230 only light up shortly and turn off again-Solution
2022-01-17 11:17:02 - last edited 2022-01-17 11:22:01

@rubixxcube 

Hello everyone, 

1. If KS230 dims off after a few seconds after being turned on,
Solution:   this has been fixed on the new firmware, try to set up KS230 in the Kasa app, at the end of set up process it will get the latest firmware.

2.  Make sure KS230 could be turned on/ off when manually press the switch first.  If KS230 failed to set up on the APP, please check if guide here helps: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

3. If you can manually turn on/ off KS230, only Kasa set up failed, may I know the at 1) which step the setup fails  2) the Wi-Fi Led on main KS230 3) troubleshoot steps you've tried. 

It is also recommend to contact our local support team via Hotline/ Chat, so they could provide guidance step by step or assist directly.  

* This post will be marked as  ' recommended solution' to this topic in order for our forum users to find this information easily and to then provide additional feedback, thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:KS230 only light up shortly and turn off again
2021-12-30 11:22:36

Hello @JCSEA 

Sorry for the late update. 

This turn off issue or auto dim issue has been fixed on KS230 new firmware, please set up KS230 switch on Kasa APP , at the end of set up process it will get the latest firmware.

Hope this helps. 

Options
2022-01-14 04:47:56

@JCSEAi have this issue. And also my switch won't connect to the wifi

Options
2022-01-14 10:22:52 - last edited 2022-01-14 10:23:07

Hello @Z1haze 

Can I know which step kasa set up failed and the error, please check if guide here helps:

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

How about the WiFi led on main switch after set up, and the model of router. 

Options
2022-01-14 13:22:17

@Solla-topee 

The issue is the product.  I've checked the wiring 50 times. I have about 15 other kasa devices on my network and they all work just fine, but this product in particular is junk. I have already spent many hours troubleshooting this, and have gone through 2 sets of this product. After googling the issues and reading the amazon reviews I have the exact same symptoms as man other users. No wifi connection, e.g. it always says not found do these steps and click try again, yet it never connects after 50 attempts. The light turns on and the instantly fades out. The dummy switch does absolutely nothing, no matter what way it is wired.

I am extremely disappointed in this product, I had high hopes for this brand as I have gone all in investing in all kasa switches and electrical outlets in my home. 

Options
2022-01-16 19:01:45
Is there a fix for this? I have the same problem, light comes on then shuts off a few seconds later and it won't connect to the Kasa App. Wifi symbol is blinking green and orange
Options
2022-01-17 04:29:57

@rubixxcube throw it in the trash, send it back, whatever. These things are useless. I wasted  week of timing waiting on shipments and replacements and then spending time swapping switches in and out over and over because I was certain I was doing something incorrect because the wiring schema on these things is weird anyway... but no, it was not my issue, this product is crap

Options
2022-01-17 10:01:05

Hello @Z1haze 

Thank you for your continued feedback and really sorry to hear about the experience.

The KS230 faded out/ auto dim has been fixed on the new firmware, and other issue you mentioned requires to check wiring of KS230 or do some further troubleshooting with kasa setup.  Since you have done some extensive troubleshooting on your own, I would recommend reaching out to our local support team, so they could look into the concern directly and assist with that. I also created a support email TKID220119429 , feel free to let us know on that email if you need any further help. 

Options
Re:KS230 only light up shortly and turn off again-Solution
2022-01-17 11:17:02 - last edited 2022-01-17 11:22:01

@rubixxcube 

Hello everyone, 

1. If KS230 dims off after a few seconds after being turned on,
Solution:   this has been fixed on the new firmware, try to set up KS230 in the Kasa app, at the end of set up process it will get the latest firmware.

2.  Make sure KS230 could be turned on/ off when manually press the switch first.  If KS230 failed to set up on the APP, please check if guide here helps: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

3. If you can manually turn on/ off KS230, only Kasa set up failed, may I know the at 1) which step the setup fails  2) the Wi-Fi Led on main KS230 3) troubleshoot steps you've tried. 

It is also recommend to contact our local support team via Hotline/ Chat, so they could provide guidance step by step or assist directly.  

* This post will be marked as  ' recommended solution' to this topic in order for our forum users to find this information easily and to then provide additional feedback, thank you for your understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-17 15:44:55

@Solla-topee 

Even if it has been fixed in the latest firmware, the devices would need to be connected to wifi in order to get that update. Our devices refuse to connect to the wifi. Yes, my main switch works fine manually, but I did not buy a smart switch to use it manually. Also, the satellite switch literally does when pushed. If you want to send me another one for free I will attempt to install it, but I will not pay for it. I have purchased about 15 other kasa devices so far for my home, it really sucks that this product didn't work out for me, now I have a mix of different brand switches

Options
2022-01-18 17:27:23

@Solla-topee I can't find the post where you asked for proof of purchase. but here you go, both the original and replacement devices in 1 photo, the replacement ordered via amazon in the second image. Both have been requested a refund through amazon and will be taking to the UPS store soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2766

Replies: 10

Related Articles