Extender can't connect to internet if there is MAC filter in the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 20:15:46 - last edited 2022-07-25 01:56:47
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have RE200 working properly, but when I add MAC filter to my router and include the externder MAC to the filter whitelist, it loses the connectivity to the router and no internet is available at all.

Is there any trick?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Extender can't connect to internet if there is MAC filter in the router-Solution
2021-12-26 15:24:22 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:13:48

@HabibKaghas @mshata 

Please refer to instructions & FAQ here to set up Mac filtering: 

How to set up Mac Filtering on router (blue UI) to control the devices connected to the Range Extender?

- Disable Mac filtering/ Access Control feature on your router 
- Turn ON the extender and connect all the Wi-Fi devices to your extender network.
- Login Range extender web page and find the *virtual Mac of your devices as FAQ above
- Go to router web and add 1) RE 's mac 2) ALL the Mac address beginning with RE's Mac addresses on router Mac filter/ access control list 
e.g. If RE Mac is 50:C7:BF:1B:ED:C6, add all the Mac addresses  with 50:C7:BF into router settings

( for dual-band range extender: add both RE's 2.4GHz & 5Ghz Mac addresses 
How to find Mac of WiFi work: on Windows computer, open cmd window, put in  netsh wlan show interfaces. The BSSID is the Mac address of your Wi-Fi network )

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extender can't connect to internet if there is MAC filter in the router-Solution
2021-12-27 06:15:32 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:13:46

@mshata 

Eventually I fixed the problem by adding 2 MAC Addresses i got from the wireless statistics, But it would be easier if it was written on the BOX.

Thank you very much 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Extender can't connect to internet if there is MAC filter in the router
2021-12-26 07:06:28
Same issue here
Options
2021-12-26 15:24:22 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:13:48

@HabibKaghas @mshata 

Please refer to instructions & FAQ here to set up Mac filtering: 

How to set up Mac Filtering on router (blue UI) to control the devices connected to the Range Extender?

- Disable Mac filtering/ Access Control feature on your router 
- Turn ON the extender and connect all the Wi-Fi devices to your extender network.
- Login Range extender web page and find the *virtual Mac of your devices as FAQ above
- Go to router web and add 1) RE 's mac 2) ALL the Mac address beginning with RE's Mac addresses on router Mac filter/ access control list 
e.g. If RE Mac is 50:C7:BF:1B:ED:C6, add all the Mac addresses  with 50:C7:BF into router settings

( for dual-band range extender: add both RE's 2.4GHz & 5Ghz Mac addresses 
How to find Mac of WiFi work: on Windows computer, open cmd window, put in  netsh wlan show interfaces. The BSSID is the Mac address of your Wi-Fi network )

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-27 06:15:32 - last edited 2021-12-27 09:13:46

@mshata 

Eventually I fixed the problem by adding 2 MAC Addresses i got from the wireless statistics, But it would be easier if it was written on the BOX.

Thank you very much 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extender can't connect to internet if there is MAC filter in the router
2021-12-27 09:16:32

Hello @HabibKaghas 

Thank you for updating the solution here ,glad to hear that Mac filtering now works !

I will pass along your suggestion of whitening both Macs of RE for our team further evaluation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1620

Replies: 4

Related Articles