Find that windows and IOS are slow to connect to RE305 adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-24 22:59:29
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a RE305 adapter and it works fine, but now the adapter has start playing up find that sometimes on windows 8.1 that windows 8.1 can.not find the adapter and other times windows 8.1 finds the adapter straight away and connects fine.

On IOS find that IOS is slow to list the adapter and connect to it, and somtimes IOS will tell me that the newtwork is not secure them turn WiFi off, on IOS and back on and the message is gone. Other times find that IOS is slow to connect to the adapter.

The Adapter has the latest firmware update installed.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks 

Matthew

Matthew
Options
1 Reply
Re:Find that windows and IOS are slow to connect to RE305 adapter.
2022-01-03 11:15:46

Hello @Matthew1 

1. For ' Win8 can.not find the adapter ' do you mean extender SSID disappear from Wi-Fi list

- make sure Windows computer is close to RE and has strong Wi-Fi signal from RE

- to help isolate the issue, use an SSID for range extender which is different from router SSID, when Windows can't find extender SSID, could other device see extender SSID? 

How to change wireless settings of TP-Link range extender on Tether APP

2.For ' IOS is slow to connect to the adapter.' how long it takes to connect to extender WiFi, is there any error? May I have a short video when issue happens, thank you. 

3. For ' IOS will tell me that the network is not secure them turn WiFi off,' can I have a photo of the exact error message? You could try some suggestion here: 

About Privacy and Security Warnings on iOS

If connect IOS device to main router, is there any similar not secure warning on Wi-Fi?

May I know the model of router and detailed network topology ,did you recently change something in your network before this happens? 

What is the current firmware (build number) and hardware version of your RE305? 

Options