Issue connecting to iPhones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 13:01:52
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 210608 Rel.32729n (6985/8575)

I have tried connecting to my TP-Link extender on my iphone and it keeps coming up with the error message "Unable to join the network" I have tried resetting it and it won't connect. What I find strange is that my windows laptop can connect fine and works seemlessly

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue connecting to iPhones
2022-01-03 11:49:14 - last edited 2022-01-03 11:56:19

Hello @Will_Jones 

If iphone fails to connect to extender Wi-Fi, you could try some suggestions in thread here: 

[Troubleshooting] Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

1. Confirm Range extender has the latest firmware (which your RE already got)

RE220 firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re220/v3/#Firmware

2.  make sure iPhone could connect to Router WiFi by manually put in router WiFi password (router and extender use the same wifi password after RE set up)

- remove Router Wi-Fi profile on iPhone and reconnect  router WiFi, will iphone take the password 

How to remove existing wireless network profile on Android&iPhone

If still does not work, may I know 1) model & IOS version of your iPhone 2)  a photo of the error message on iphone 3)  the model of router 4) Led status on RE, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1

Related Articles