Powerline extender hangs after a few days of normal operation - Needs reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 06:48:55
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406

Hello guys.

I have purchased TL-WPA4220 KIT v4 2 years ago. I had no issues connecting the powerline with the extender and also I don't remember if I had to upgrade the firmware. Since then, no new firmware was released. (Firmware version currently is 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406).

Every few days the extender operation suddenly stops and I have to power it off and then power it on again (Wifi network disappears - not sure about wired operation, never used it). After the reboot sequence the extender works flawlessly for a few days (5-10 days) and then it hangs again.

Can you please assist? this is very frustrating since I have purchased this to monitor my baby through a wireless camera on the upper floor of the house.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline extender hangs after a few days of normal operation - Needs reboot
2021-12-29 10:24:21

Hello @GoBLiN13 

For 'Wifi network disappears'  do you mean WiFi SSID disappears/ WiFi connected but no Internet error on WiFi? 

When issue happens, the House Led/ Powerline Led on the KIT, is it stay ON or goes OFF?  

You could try some suggestions in guide here: 

What should I do if connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapter?

By the way, how long the adapter has been working fine with same router before? 

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 636

Replies: 1