Adapter randomly disconnects at times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-29 15:06:23
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_701F14_191101_901

I have the TL-PA7017P KIT V4. The adapter keeps randomly disconnecting sometimes i get maybe 10 mins of time to play a few multiplayer games before it drops out. And i got these recently for christmas, both are on the wall outlet, i have used the tpPLC utility to turn off power saving mode. Everyday when i want to use internet i have to put them into the same room and pair them then put them very i need them to be and i know the powerlines are same because it works there. I get the adapters to work also by going to tpPLC toggling on and off power saving mode and waiting a few minutes for it to connect. But it still at some point disconnects. So anyone knows how to fix this, this is frustrating.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adapter randomly disconnects at times
2022-01-06 10:45:29 - last edited 2022-01-06 10:48:52

Hello @gtagamer124 

Sorry for the late reply, for powerline device unstable issue can you help confirm some details here:

May I know House Led/LED Status on both devices when Powerline drops connection? 

1) If House Led goes off, that could be caused by some interference in the powerline circuit, try a different wall socket for extender unit, and also test PLC kit in the same room and see if issue still happens

If House Led is On when issue happens, please check the IPv4 address and gateway and send us a photo: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

2)  How often does the issue happen? How to recover the connection, like reboot router or powerline device. 
3) When issue occurs, do not reboot but try to ping the default gateway and send us the ping results:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/
4) May I know your network topology?e.g Archer C7 <Ethernet>PA4010 downstaits  ___<house powerline>WPA4220 upstairs.

Do you have a stable wired connection on the main router?

Thank you. 

Options
Re:Adapter randomly disconnects at times
2022-01-12 12:46:59

I  have a similar problem. I get the two PA7017P units to pair and then, a few minutes later, the connection is lost. I have no idea why this should be and the Installation Guide is silent on the matter. I hope someone can help, please.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 806

Replies: 2

Related Articles