Network lag with range extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 18:03:17
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hi I have question regarding configuration of range extender. 

In my home I have one router which exposes two wifi networks. One is exposed on 2.4 GHz and second one under  5 GHz. Both of them have different Ssid. 

I setup extender to extend range of that 2.4 GHz network. My extended network has the same name as  2.4 GHz network. What I saw in network checking tool extender network is set with same channel as main network.  

Basically I have almost default configuration of range extender. Only two configuration options which I changed is disabling dhcp and lower down power of extender. 

Problem which I have is when one of my devices is  connected to extender then after some time I have big lag on my network. 
i.e I open browser and entering page tooks few minutes. When I go to tether app for a second app shows that my network is down and after another second everything is fine and I can use internet. 

any idea what can I do ??

Options
2 Reply
Re:Network lag with range extender.
2022-01-05 12:02:16

@Boowha I believe the cause is exactly because networks have the exact same name, this feature only works well if both devices share Mesh technology, otherwise I recommend that differentiate the SSID so that there is no longer this type of problem. 

Options
Re:Network lag with range extender.
2022-01-06 06:13:50 - last edited 2022-01-06 06:14:27

Hello @Boowha 

Thank you for your feedback. 

- When issue happen, at the RE's position switch to router 2.4Ghz and see if there is any lag (You may use a different 2.4Ghz SSID for RE when isolate the issue)

- Try a different 2.4Ghz channel for router:  scan for nearby WiFi signal using app like WiFi analyzer and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel 

- Make sure RE receive strong WiFi signal at least 2-3 bars from Router , you could try to adjust the location as guide here

How to place your wireless Range Extender for optimal reception and performance?

If still the same, may i know 1) the model of router, and network topology 2) what are the wifi clients connected to RE at that time 3) how often this happen and how could connection recover 4) when issue happen, connect to RE's wifi and connect to Router WiFi at RE location separately, try to ping 8.8.8.8 and default gateway and see if there is any package loss, How to Use the Ping Command

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 2

Related Articles