TL-PA4010P DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA4010P DHCP issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-PA4010P DHCP issue
TL-PA4010P DHCP issue
2022-01-02 21:02:47
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: default

Hi,

I have a problem with a rogue DHCP on my network. When I intalled TL-PA4010P kit a DHCP server appeared on my network. I tried to access it but was unable to.

I found it's a TP-Link device, presumably from TL-PA4010P, but I am unable to access or configure it.

If possible, I'd like to disable that 192.168.0.1 DHCP server or at least reconfigure it as it is providing devices on my network with addresses from a wrong IP scope.

Some help about how to access and/or disable that DHCP service on TL-PA device.

Thanks in advance,

Borut

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010P DHCP issue
2022-01-06 01:15:01

Hello @TL-PA4010P 

Wired Powerline KIT (model starting with TL-PA) does not have a DHCP server, and all the IP addresses are assigned by router. 

Can you double-check the model on both powerline unit, is there any model with TL-WPA? 

If you have a Wi-Fi power line kit, kindly related to thread: [Solution] Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

Options
2022-02-09 17:40:37 - last edited 2022-02-09 17:43:19

Hi @Solla-topee 

Thanks for your help. I have checked everything I could.

I am sure I have the wired-only model TL-PA. When I power it on, additional DHCP server appears on the network. Trying to log in with any credentials I receive a wrong password error containing a very specifi text which, when googled, is linked to TP-Link devices. When I remove the main unit from power, the DHCP server dissapears.

I also installed some TP-Link configuring app, which identifies both devices properly as TL-PA4010P.

Is there a possibility of some strange system software on the device? I never upgraded it and it should be factory-default.

Thanks for your help,

Borut 

Options
2022-02-11 04:43:18

@TL-PA4010P 

May I know do you have any WiFi powerline extender, or tp-link range extender, or tp-link router in the house? 

' Trying to log in with any credentials I receive a wrong password error containing a very specifi text which,' Can I have a photo of it? 

By the way, does that cause any trouble in the network? 

Options
2022-02-20 16:26:44

@Solla-topee

Hi.

No wifi powerline extenders; also no other TP-Link devices in the house.

I have double-checked - when I connect my 'master' TL-PA4010P powerline extender to the network, I can connect with browser to the rogue DHCP device (Picture 1):

When I fail to log in a few times, the error message appears:

Also during that time the network name displayed in TSR is 'Primary_2' which I believe means I am connected to some network extender. And no connection to internet is established.

When I unplug my 'master' TL-PA4010P powerline extender from the network I can no longer reach the device with browser:

After resetting DHCP settings on my computer I get connected to the internet and the network name displayed in TSR also changes to 'Primary' (directly without some network extender).

And yes, it does cause trouble on the network. Various DHCP devices, probably when occasionally restarting, get address from the 'rogue' lower DHCP pool. As the rogue DHCP network is on 192.168.0.X and my router's network is on 192.168.1.X, I thought if disabling the 192.168.0.X (supposedly TL-PA4010P) or at least changing it to a higher scope (e.g. 192.168.3.X) would solve my problem. But I can not access that rogue device on the 192.168.0.1 address.

Thanks for your help again.

Borut

Options
2022-02-21 08:01:56

Hello  @TL-PA4010P 

Thank you for more case details, please check if this FAQ helps:

FAQ358  : Why cannot log into the Management Page with NOD 32 ESET?

Do you own any tp-link router/ extender/ 3g 4g mobile wifi router?If the same, For 'the network name displayed in TSR is 'Primary_2' ' . can I have a photo of it? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 5

Related Articles