TL-PA4010 Interfering with WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 06:06:43 - last edited 2022-01-06 19:15:37
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 180914

I've had the device for less than 1 year and it's been working fine, but over the last 10 days it has started to impact my WiFi signal. When the TP link is switched on I get poor Wi-Fi, for example my TV goes pixelated when streaming Netflix, but when the TP is switched off the Wi-Fi (and streaming) is fine.

The TP Link is close to my router and connected via Ethernet cable as you'd expected. I have also just done an update to the latest firmware and the issue is still happening.

Also I don't know if its relevant, but the Powerline LED on the device is blinking and not staying on solid

Thanks for any help.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TL-PA4010 Interfering with WiFi-Solution
2022-01-06 01:04:10 - last edited 2022-01-06 19:15:37

Hello @AdrianS01 

1.    TV going pixilated could be caused by low bandwidth, as device connected  to powerline and devices connected to router share the total bandwidth of router, was there any ( high traffic) network activities like streaming or file downloading on devices connected to TL-PA4010 at that time? 

2. To isolate the issue, please unplug the powerline kit for a day or two and see if you get Poor Wi-Fi

Try a different wall socket in a different wall socket, probably a socket a bit further away  from the router. 

3. Was the powerline work fine with the same router? Did you change any settings on Wi-Fi router that may cause the issue. 

For the poor Wi-Fi, was there any disconnection or Wi-Fi error or only TV was pixilated? You could test the Wi-Fi speed once plugging TL-PA4010 ( unplug the device in extender unit in case it shares bandwidth)and see if there is any difference

4. Can you know your network map, like Router Model XX- PA4010 main ___ PA4010 extender-PC

Router -TV. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-06 19:15:25 - last edited 2022-01-06 19:15:40

I've managed to resolve the issue. While using the TP Link utility I could see there was an extra unknown device connected to one of the Powerline devices. Using the TP Link utility I removed the device and the Wi-Fi has been working fine since and where Powerline LED has stopped blinking.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2022-01-06 01:04:10 - last edited 2022-01-06 19:15:37

Hello @AdrianS01 

1.    TV going pixilated could be caused by low bandwidth, as device connected  to powerline and devices connected to router share the total bandwidth of router, was there any ( high traffic) network activities like streaming or file downloading on devices connected to TL-PA4010 at that time? 

2. To isolate the issue, please unplug the powerline kit for a day or two and see if you get Poor Wi-Fi

Try a different wall socket in a different wall socket, probably a socket a bit further away  from the router. 

3. Was the powerline work fine with the same router? Did you change any settings on Wi-Fi router that may cause the issue. 

For the poor Wi-Fi, was there any disconnection or Wi-Fi error or only TV was pixilated? You could test the Wi-Fi speed once plugging TL-PA4010 ( unplug the device in extender unit in case it shares bandwidth)and see if there is any difference

4. Can you know your network map, like Router Model XX- PA4010 main ___ PA4010 extender-PC

Router -TV. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-06 19:15:25 - last edited 2022-01-06 19:15:40

I've managed to resolve the issue. While using the TP Link utility I could see there was an extra unknown device connected to one of the Powerline devices. Using the TP Link utility I removed the device and the Wi-Fi has been working fine since and where Powerline LED has stopped blinking.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-PA4010 Interfering with WiFi
2022-01-07 02:53:57

@AdrianS01 

Then it looks that the certain client was the cause of trouble, thank you for sharing solution here!laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3

Related Articles