Remote access of advanced features vis Tether and admin interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 08:16:41
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Hi
Advanced features are blocked when accessing the router remotely via Tether app or remotely via the admin interface (using DDNS). I assume blocking of advanced features for remote access is intentional. 
I do however urgently require remote access management of advanced features, more specifically, the selection of ‘4G only’ and ‘4G preferred’.

My only other option is to drive 1000 kilometres to access the router in a rural remote location. This is not feasible.

Please advise urgently!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Remote access of advanced features vis Tether and admin interface
2022-01-07 16:40:10

@sherewarrior 

I received a reply via email saying I must send my family up the mountain 1000 km away to go and change  the network settings on the on the router, because they are not available via remote access? Really? How unprofessional is this?

The router is part of professional network in a commercial environment. I really suggest that TP-Link release a version of Software or firmware for the MR600 that allows full remote access of all features. 

They wrote:

"..Hello and thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

We are so sorry that our router could not support to change the network setting from remote control. 

All the setting with network could only be changed with local connection. 

Could your families help to change the network setting or could you change this setting when you come back home? 

Hope our suggestion could help. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

Hello and thank you for contacting TP-Link support..."

Regards

Options
2022-01-12 10:32:03

@sherewarrior 

Hi, For 3G/4G routers, they are used for home networks and remote control is mainly to monitor the network status from outside. No permission to adjust the network settings is meant to protect the local network.

It would prevent mis-configuration from ruining the whole network.

Options
2022-01-12 10:48:51

@TP-Link 
Hi 

I don't believe your reply to be entirely true, in that the "entire network will be ruined". This is nonsense. Then alternatively, recommend a more suitable router where our company can have access remotely in a professional way. I need to place a large order, but cannot do this unless remote access becomes possible. Your decision?

Regards

sherewarrior

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 3

Related Articles