wifi extender for existing powerline adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 16:02:20 - last edited 2022-01-05 16:11:49

Hi, I have a pair of powerline adaptors with pass through 3 pin sockets. I bought these a few years ago so cannot trace the model (it just says TP-LINK 500Mbps on it). They work great. One is installed at the router and the other is in my garden office about 100 feet away. The neywork then extends through the house electical wiring circuit (obviously).

I was wondering if there is an add on that can boost the wifi signal (for ios devices that do not have data ports). The powerline sockets I have do not have wifi extender capability. I'm assuming there is something. Perhaps an add on that can be networked via cable to the second powerline out socket which can then share its wifi to the rest of the garden?

Another option might be to replace the plug in powerline unit in the office with one that is also a wifi extender, while keeping the original plugged into the powewr socket at the router?

Or should I just buy two new powerline adaptors with built in wifi?

Thanks all. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi extender for existing powerline adaptor
2022-01-06 00:50:55

Hello @mickstatham 

You could consider AV600 or AV600 WiFi Kit like model TL-WA4220 working with your old AV500 kit, and put the wifi unit in the garden office, and the old adapter use in a different location. Here is an FAQ that should help. 

How can I select the powerline device?

Options
Re:wifi extender for existing powerline adaptor
2022-01-06 08:44:42

Thanks so much for your help @Solla-topee 

so would this be ok to add to my existing power line units?

Options