Lenovo Tab P11 roaming fails w/ Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 00:44:49 - last edited 2022-01-06 01:14:57
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50738

I am having roaming issues w/ my new tablet Lenovo Tab P11 (TB-J616F - Type ZA94). It will disconnect when roaming to any other node. Once disconnected, it does not automatically reconnect and I will need to manually turn off/on the wifi on the tablet in order to re-establish wifi connection. Once reconnected, if I again move away from the node, it will disconnect once out of range and will not reconnect to any other nodes.

All 3 Deco nodes are at the same FW version. 1 is connected to my cable modem- the other 2 are connected to it via hardwire backhaul.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Lenovo Tab P11 roaming fails w/ Deco X20
2022-01-06 03:32:18

@Jackles 

Thank you for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case by email.

Would the Lenovo Tab be the only device that could not automatically roam to the nearest Deco?

Did both satellite Deco units connect to the main Deco via a network switch?

By the way, before using Deco, did you have the same issue with Lenovo Tablet?

Moreover, the fast roaming/Mesh technology on the Deco APP has been enabled for the tablet, right?

Options
2022-01-07 22:01:32
Correct, only the Lenovo Tab P11 is unable to seamless roam across my home (from one end to another, crossing multiple nodes). Yes, both satellites are interconnected via a GigE network switch. This is a new tablet so it only recently joined the network but it has no problems staying connected to 1 node. The problem arises when I move to a new location which is too far (as seen by the signal meter). Lastly, Fast Roaming is enabled and Mesh option is also enabled. Interestingly, if I turn off Mesh, I don't seem to have this roaming issue. Does this mean that my new Lenovo Tab doesn't support 802.11k/v/r as discussed in this article? https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194
Options
2022-06-09 01:47:09

@TP-Link 

I was mistaken. Even after disabling the Mesh option, my P11 continues to intermittently disconnect from wireless and I need to turn off/on the wireless in order to get it to reconnect. Very frustrating! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 769

Replies: 3

Related Articles