Deco products wired backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 00:48:04
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi Team,

1) Would be great if you could make it explicit for the Deco products (Mesh) if they support wired backhaul or not?

Reason why I ask this is because several of us Worldwide do not live in houses where dry wall is the norm. LOts of us live in houses with brick walls.

In my case, I use 3 Wi-Fi 4 gaming routers, cabled. That is, first router is the main one (cable connected to the modem), and cable connected to router 2 and router 3. Currently I am shopping for my Wi-Fi 6 Mesh router, and I plan to connect the main Deco via cable to the modem and cable connect the 2nd and 3rd Deco. That way I avoid Wi-Fisignal blockage by bricks, and I provide a great coverage at home.

What I like about Deco X75 model is that it has 3 GB WAN/LAN ports, so this will allow me to remove 2 of my switches, thus making my home network efficient.

Appreciate if you can confirm Deco X75 supports wired backhaul? And also, make sure to inform customers that modem to Deco cables must be a minimum of a CAT5E or CAT 6 network cable.

Cheers, Eddie.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco products wired backhaul?
2022-01-06 03:52:49

@Eddie_G_Kibel 

HI, I see Deco XE75 has 3*gigabit ports, which is not the same as 3G WAN/LAN ports.

So as long as the cable is gigabit supported, it should be ok.

And Deco XE75 does support wired backhaul as other Deco models:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

And other details you might be interested in:

Frequently Asked Questions about Wi-Fi 6E Products/ Deco XE75

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 746

Replies: 1

Related Articles