Device deadly stuck on solid yellow light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 13:01:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.8

Hi all,

I bought a 3 units bundle on the US and I didn't had the time to test them before leaving the country to return in Brazil, where I work.

Sadly one of them is stuck on solid yellow led, and I've already tried to swap the power brick with another "just in case" with the very same results.

I tried to access the device using the http uboot method and I can see the firmware update page but sadly there is no new firmware for v2.8 revision and I suppose it will be not a good idea to flash a firmware made for another revision (2.20?)...

Is there a beta firmware I could try to flash for my version before trowing the device on the trashcan?

Thanks,

F.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device deadly stuck on solid yellow light
2022-01-07 07:27:23 - last edited 2022-01-07 07:29:07

@effelle72 

Hi, V2.8 uses the same firmware as V2.0, not V 2.2.

For more details, the following link might provide some help.

Frequently Asked Questions on Deco Firmware Update-Q6

So when you run the firmware recovery, you could upload the latest firmware of V2.0.

Options
Re:Device deadly stuck on solid yellow light
2022-01-07 12:14:31

@TP-Link 

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid the solid yellow led was just the beginning of a bigger problem. 

Today the device decided to not turn on at all, even if I can see a network connection to my computer using the uboot method I can't reach 192.168.0.1 anymore.

I see it is drawing 2 watts on average when connected to the grid but WireShark show no comms nor handshaking. I think is definitely dead.

Since my next trip to the US isn't scheduled yet due to the pandemic situation I think I can safely declare a money loss and buy another one here, unless the warranty will be valid in Brazil too (I doubt).

Cheers,

F.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 2