unable to connect my tp link extender to my wireless routet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 06:57:07
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

My network provider had recently setup anew router  at my home ( model JCOW411). Now iam  unable to  connect my extender ( TL-WA850RE)  to the roiuter

I am trying to connect to the 2.4ghz  connection  but  its  not wkring   .The power and Wireless LED on the  extender  are solid, but the RE LED  is not getting configured or lighting up.

I have setup the extender  and connected to the router  as  per the instructions provided on this portal .

Please refer the  screenshot attached  . need your urgent help to get this resolved

Options
1 Reply
Re:unable to connect my tp link extender to my wireless routet
2022-01-10 08:42:34 - last edited 2022-01-10 08:45:01

Hello @Sumo82 

Do you have the Signal lights/ the circle of signal Leds on TL-WA850RE ? If not, range extender has not connected to router WiFi yet, please try some suggestions in thread below and let us know if it works for you:

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

1>Please verify your Wi-Fi password by forgetting your Wi-Fi network on cell phone first :  
Go to Settings-> WiFi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's WiFi name  ->Forget / Delete the network )
Please reconnect to your router wifi and it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

2>Factory reset tp-link range extender and set it up again through Web page / Tether APP 
RESET:  with RE powered on, use a pin to push the reset hole until all the Leds flash once.

3. Confirm range extender is on the latest firmware (select hardware version to check corresponding firmware on website)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa850re/#Firmware

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 1