COnnecting my desktop to TP-Link extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-07 13:03:18
Model: RE105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi to all (and Happy new Year).

I'm using the TP-Link RE 305 (not the 105, 305 seems unavailable romt he droplist) WiFi extender and though think I have configured it correctly (I can get my phone to access the "Network_EXT" version, using the same password as for the general WiFi), My PC - which is in a different room than the router's - cannot:

In the WiFi network, when I select the "Network_EXT" signal, and put the password (the same one as the general WiFi) I get the message that the "network security code is incorrect "(though the signal itself is strong)

I though it was supposed to be the same one as for the regular network - or am I missing something?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:COnnecting my desktop to TP-Link extender
2022-01-10 08:54:17 - last edited 2022-01-10 08:56:27

@Lud 

You could try some suggestions in below thread and see if it helps: 

[Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

• Remove Wi-Fi profile on your PC and  reconnect to Wi-Fi of extender (FAQ: Remove Wi-Fi profile on Windows
  • Update the driver of your PC with help from PC support 
  • Connect same PC to Wi-Fi router and manually put in WiFi password, could PC connect to router Wi-Fi? 

If still the same, may I know 2) firmware & hardware version of your RE  1) the model of Wi-Fi adapter on your PC, PC Windows version 3) a photo of error , thank you

How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 1

Related Articles