Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Password
Password
2022-01-09 11:35:49
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: WA854RE

Hello, I'm trying to change the allocated password for my WiFi extender as its so long some of my devices won't accept it. The problem is when I try to change the password it asks for my password and it won't let me add all the characters. It is 64 characters long! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Password
2022-01-10 07:23:37 - last edited 2022-01-10 07:29:23

Hello @Ruth8 

TP-Link range extender will use the same Wi-Fi password as the router after being configured successfully, this can't be changed. 

If the wifi password changed to a very long random password, we have a thread discussing on the same topic, please try some suggestions in  Case 3: 

[Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

May I know the model of router, the firmware version of the router? Did you use WPS button / Web page/ Tether app to set up RE? 

What is the firmware version & hardware version of your WA854RE, can I have a photo of the very long password ? Thank you 

How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 1

Related Articles