Archer T2U Connectivity Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 18:24:26
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have had som problems with my Archer T2U v3. The connection to my WiFi is good, but nonetheless there is very weak access to internet. There is no problem with the WiFi, because my phone is using it with full capacity. I have the same issues with both 2,4 and 5 GHz bands.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Connectivity Problems
2022-01-11 07:07:42 - last edited 2022-01-13 03:45:03

Hello @Bozhev 

For Archer T2U connectivity issue, you could try some tips here: 

• If Wifi connected but no internet, please  refer to Step4 in this FAQ and manually set DNS as 8.8.8.8, secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

• Try to change a different Wi-Fi channel on router, and you could download Wi-Fi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean 2.4Ghz /5Ghz channel ( 5Ghz channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended )
  • Try this latest chipset driver for  adapter and see if it helps with stability

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Pus) (Win7/Win10)

If the concerns persist despite the above step, 1) can you help describe the phenomenon in details, do you mean Wi-Fi connected but no Internet or there is any error on WiFi connection 2) how often it happens and how Wi-Fi connection recovers 3) what is motherboard information & Windows OS of computer: How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer? 4) Does other device has stable WiFi at the same location where T2U computer is located?  5) When issue occurs, were there any high traffic network activities like File Download/ Streaming, etc. Thank you. 

Options
2022-01-11 20:20:19

@Solla-topee I installed the provided shipset driver, but it seems that everything has gotten worse. Now my connection to the 2,4 MHz channel stays stable but slow (0,36 MBps download and 5,26 MBps upload), while the 5 Ghz channel is a little bit faster but the connection interrupts every few minutes - there is WiFi connection, but no Internet. I need to disconnect the WiFi and then connect again, so I could have 5GHz channel connection, which subsequently interrupts again after few minutes. 

The issue is persistent and there is no high traffic when it occurs. My phone is perfetly connected and has no problems on the same spot where the PC is located.

I send you attached my system summary:

Options
2022-01-12 11:53:31 - last edited 2022-01-12 11:56:11

Hey @Bozhev 

Thank you very much for the case details, may I know when you purchase the T2U V3, was it working fine before with the same Wifi router? Can I know the model of router ?

• Try to Disable other Wi-Fi network adapter except for TP-Link adapter

- Did you recently update the firmware or change any settings on router, or update Windows, or have any new 2.4Ghz new network device being added in the network?

- Wifi Connected but no internet, please check the IP & IPv4 gateway address on your lalptop, try to ping IPv4 default gateway (whichi is your router) and share a photo of 

How to find IP address on your devices?

How to Use the Ping Command

How does the connection recover, do you need to reboot PC/ reconnect Wi-Fi or it could work again by itself, thank you. 

Options
2022-01-12 19:36:44

@Solla-topee myWiFi router is Tp-Link AC 1200. It actually never worked fine with the T2U. The connection has always been slow and I cold never use the full potential of my service. The connection has always been not more than 20 MBps downloading speed and maybe 20-30 MBps uploading speed. I haven't done any recent changes or major updates of anything. When I lose connection with the 5GHz channel sometimes I just need to hit the "Connect" button. while sometimes the connectin is active, but there is no Interenet and when I press "Disconnect" and then "Connect" a "Can't Connect to this network" sign appears. 

Options
2022-01-13 03:44:46 - last edited 2022-01-13 03:47:15

@Bozhev 

Thanks for all the case details!

1. Please try this T2U V3 on a different laptop or computer and see adapter could work stably 

2. If Wi-Fi connected but no internet, please  refer to Step4 in this FAQ and manually set DNS as 8.8.8.8, secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

Can I know when did you purchase this Archer T2U V3?  Does the connectivity issue happen since you purchased it? 

Can you find the model of router starting with Archer XX : https://www.tp-link.com/en/search/?q=AC1200&t=product&p=1

As the case its bit complicated, I created a support email TKID220113337 and escalate your case, you could communicate with our engineers through email later. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1086

Replies: 5

Related Articles