Not able to add default ipv6 route in TP-Link MR3420 WIFI Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 07:21:35 - last edited 2022-01-10 08:39:28
Model: TL-MR3420  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210319

Dear madam/sir,

I can't add default ipv6 route in this router to forward all ipv6 internet traffic to my main ISP router.

When I enter destination ip address :: with prefix length 0, it gives error 'Invalid Destination ipv6 Address. Please input another'.

Is there any other format in which it accepts default ipv6 route?

Please let me know soon. Many thanks

This is the error it gives:

This is what I input:

I want to do this because my ipv6 connectivity is not working

Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able to add default ipv6 route in TP-Link MR3420 WIFI Router
2022-01-12 08:21:14

@panko 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Have you seen the reply on the other post?

Did you set up IPV6 static route because there is no IPV6 service on the laptop?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the operation mode on the Archer MR3420, wireless router mode, or 3G/4G router mode?

2. May I know who is your internet service provider?

And could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A picture of the Advanced>status page.

2. A screenshot of the Advanced>network>internet page.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Not able to add default ipv6 route in TP-Link MR3420 WIFI Router
2022-01-12 10:46:45 - last edited 2022-01-12 11:01:14

@TP-Link Thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions, this router was in 3G/4G router mode with EWAN backup and 3G/4G USB internet was not connected, only the WAN cable was connected.

My ISP is Reliance JIO fiber who have given me fiber router which is sitting between this router and internet.

Internet => ISP fiber router => TP-Link MR3420 router => my home devices

And I can't send any pictures/screenshots of my TP-Link MR3420 interface now because yesterday I was getting impatient so I flashed my MR3420 v5 router with OpenWRT firmware. Actually I am CCNA certified and I have good knowledge about basic networking.

And router with OpenWRT firmware installed is working fine now. It accepted the default ipv6 route ::/0 and it has ipv6 firewall options to forward ipv6 traffic to internal host.

This firmware has lot of options and it looks complicated for beginners. I am currently learning about its firewall rules from Youtube videos.

Also for any other person who is reading this, I do not recommend this method because OpenWRT firmware looks pretty complicated for beginners and also you can lose your router warranty with this method

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 721

Replies: 2