Can't see Reports in Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 07:48:55 - last edited 2022-08-19 10:05:58
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210807 Rel.46250

I am going nuts trying to get a sensible answer to this problem let alone a solution.  Technical Support has sent me images of what the Deco app screen should look like but mine does not and I have deleted the app and downloaded again from the Apple Store (in UK) and it still does not look like the images I have been sent.  This is the problem.  My X20-DSL with four satellite X20 units has been set up for about a month.  I have received half a dozen messages on my phone that performance reports are available.  I open the Deco app and go from the Overview screen to HOMESHIELD.  This opens a screen which I scroll to the bottom to find 'Reports' Tap for your network activity and protection history.  This goes to a screen stating "No weekly report yet".  If I tap on the date at the top of this screen it pulls up what appear to be the dates of the reports I have had notification about.

The first image I got from Tech Support shows a screen similar to the one I have if I go from Overview to MORE.  My screen has a heading ROUTER SETTINGS with six buttons below: WiFi,Blacklist, Update Deco, Advanced, WPS and Managers.  The image on their screen shows ROUTER SETTINGS with eight buttons below: WiFi, Test Internet Speed,

Blacklist, Update Deco, Advanced, WPS, Monthly Report and Managers.  So why can I not get a screen that looks like this with possibly the chance of clicking the Monthly Report button and getting to see these reports ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't see Reports in Deco app-Solution
2022-01-12 07:21:15 - last edited 2022-08-19 10:05:58

@Stylax 

Update:

Please refer to the suggestions on this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412546

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't see Reports in Deco app-Solution
2022-01-12 07:21:15 - last edited 2022-08-19 10:05:58

@Stylax 

Update:

Please refer to the suggestions on this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412546

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't see Reports in Deco app
2022-01-12 13:28:08

Thank you for your reply.

The pictures you have sent are exactly what I can see in the Deco app. I go to Homeshield and scroll to bottom to where it says Reports.  I tap on this and the next screen says " No Weekly Report yet."   If I go to the large date at the top left which is currently 3 Jan - 9 Jan and tap on this a pop-up screen appears with 5 week periods starting with 6 Dec 2021 to 12 Dec.

You have asked for a log.  I do not send anything from a device unless I know who is asking for it and what it contains.  Can I see the log you want to receive ?  From what you have said about a difference between HomeShield and HomeCare it sounds to me as if the UI for HomeShield is new and does not work properly.  If you can tell me it does work properly and has been tested with the Deco app on the Apple Store (UK?), then surely deleting my app and downloading it again from the Apple Store should fix the problem ?

Options
2022-01-13 07:57:15 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:58:45

@Stylax 

Hi, the log will be automatically sent from your TP-Link ID to the Deco feedback center(feedback.deco@tp-link.com).

You are able to see the log as well but the log is only generated after you send out the feedback.

And recently, a new IOS APP 2.11.3 has been released and if you are not on this version, please go to the APP store to install the latest APP.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-13 08:45:37
I am already using app release 2.11.3. I can therefore tell you that this is not producing the Reports I am being told are available. Forgive my caution but I do not know who I am dealing with and why does each reply generate four Notices on my account ? I use the Apple Community. I know they are not Apple Tech Support but just experienced Apple product users. I assume that TP-Link is likewise not TP-LInk Technical support so I am nervous about sending anyone other than TP-LInk Technical Support anything on my phone. Can you tell me exactly what information does the log show and an example of the output would be bery helpful. Thanks.
Options
2022-07-04 12:00:24

@Stylax I'm having the same issue. I get weekly and monthly messages in my Android phone that there are reports ready, but when I go to the app reporting it says "No Weekly Report yet" respective "No Monthly Report yet".

It is quite annoying, especially getting messages saying that there are reports, but then they are just empty.

My app version is 2.13.7

My Deco X90 has firmware 1.1.2 Build 20210722 Rel. 65801

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3710

Replies: 5

Related Articles