Virgin Media Hub 3.0 rebooting with TP-Link Deco S4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 13:36:52 - last edited 2022-01-11 13:39:03
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210607 Rel. 56436

I am currently using my Virgin Media Hub 3.0 in modem mode with the TP LInk Deco S4's as the router and to extend the range of my wifi as I had poor connection upstairs.

This was all working well for months but I have noticed especially in the past month that my Virgin Router would completely reboot at random, anywhere between 1-3 times a day at it's worst, everything maintains its connection to the S4 Deco's but the internet itself drops out until the Virign Router Reboots. 

I thought his was an issue with Virigin after running a self check using their utiliy I was able to get an engineer out in which they replaced the hub and the cable to the wall. 

I used just the Virgin Router for the next 6 days with the S4's turned off, without any issue. 

Hoping the issue was resolved I turned back on the S4's and put the virgin router back into modem mode. 

Again I am experiencing the same issue. 

Has anyone else experienced issues like this or be able to point me in the right direction. 

Is there any settings I could try changing or logs I could look at on the Decos (I dont see anything in the logs on the Virign Router). 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Virgin Media Hub 3.0 rebooting with TP-Link Deco S4
2022-01-12 05:57:44

@mmcneilly 

Hi, May I know the internet connection type on the Deco, PPPoE, or Dynamic IP?

Could you please leave Virgin hub as the wireless router with Wi-Fi off, then turn Deco S4 into access point mode to see whether the same issue still existed?

At the same time, please have a check of the private message for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-12 09:27:10
Thanks I will give this a go in the next few days and let you know how it goes. I am currently using dynamic IP.
Options
2022-01-14 23:59:47 - last edited 2022-01-15 00:00:17

Been three days without issue thankfully. I haven't yet switched to using the deco's as AP's. But one thing I have tried is disconnecting the Netgear unmanaged switch that I had connected to the main Deco via the second ethernet port. Thinking that that could have caused the issue similar to this post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/235442 If I hit any problems I will send across the logs. Then try setting them as AP's to see if this fixes the problem.

Options
2022-02-25 18:46:22

@mmcneilly am having same issue. Is there more in this fix thN just written here? I have p9 mesh system

Options
2022-03-01 09:05:02

@Sparklepony 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I checked the previous escalated record about the first feedback and the final conclusion made by the engineers is that Deco will not cause the auto rebooting issue of VM Hub.

And we also noticed there are some discussions on the VM community about the same rebooting issue.

So may I know why do you think it is Deco P9 that might cause the rebooting problem on the VM hub?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1548

Replies: 5

Related Articles