Low 2.4ghz range on ax73 after firmware update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 07:47:42
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX73(EU)_V1_210717

After recent update 2.4ghz wife range has gone really worse even worse than wr841n. I have a smart plug in mumty initially i was getting around 30mbps plus speed but after update it doesn't even work but my iphone shows 3 bar of wifi strength.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Low 2.4ghz range on ax73 after firmware update.
2022-01-13 01:41:54

@aakuone 

Hello, does this mean the firmware is the only difference between the good signal and not good? No other settings changed, right? Please try to install and run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the computer or phone to monitor the 2.4GHz signal, how many dBm, and what's the distance between the router and the phone/computer when monitoring? You can also try to modify the 2.4GHz wireless settings on the router, find a channel that has less congestion with others, the channel width can be 40MHz, then reboot the router and phone to confirm.

How about the 5GHz signal, does it always work properly?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-14 12:15:07

@Kevin_Z yes nothing has changed, just clicked on update in tether app. After that my wipro smart plug just stopped working. I tried 5ghz on the same place on my iphone it works flawlessly 100mbps plus but with 2.4ghz nothing. Yes i tried changing the channels nothing works. The weirdest thing i'm facing when i use wifi sweetspot to analyze wifi strength that if i take just one step more wifi speed drops from 200+ to 100.

Options
2022-01-20 07:52:28

@aakuone 

You can try installing the latest beta firmware we provided in the below thread, then confirm if the 2.4GHz signal will be good:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/521268

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 3

Related Articles