Set a New Powerline Network Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-12 18:27:32
Model: TL-PA7017P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.2.4

Setting a New Powerline Network Name (see Manual 4.2.) will only allow powerline devices using the same name to join this network.

How to join a new device which  has the factory default name ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Set a New Powerline Network Name
2022-01-13 06:13:45 - last edited 2022-01-14 02:51:04

Hello @MMu2 

Here are two methods to add a new device into powerline network using tpPLC Utility 

To change WiFI Name or WiFi SSID, you could refer to guide here

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?
How to Change Wireless Setting Using the tpPLC App (Smartphone)?

Options
2022-01-13 17:22:54

Hello @Solla-topee 

thanks,

refering to https://www.tp-link.com/hk/support/faq/1616/ these methods don't really work.

The best is to factory reset all devices and start from scratch on together with the new device.

Anyway setting a new NetworkName seems to be risky, as the tpPLC Utility  of TL-PA7017P cannot

adress a  single device for correction. Using the Secure feature may end in a desaster when not all devices

are accessible during execution and parts of these have the new name and others remain unchanged.

My recommendation, hands of this feature.

By the way, I only have this crude screen:

How to get pretty information like that of my TL-PA7017P

Options
2022-01-14 02:49:23 - last edited 2022-01-14 02:52:21

Hello @MMu2 

May I know were you able to pair them all by set them up from scratch? 

1-  I previously wanted to share this FAQ, add a powerline device using the Powerline Key on the label 

FAQ 1615: How to add a device to the network using tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

2- Or you could manually pair the 3rd unit with the one of the old powerline unit

- Make sure old powerline units are paired and working

- Plug new powerline unit in a wall socket closer to the one of the old powerline units

- Press pair button for 1 sec on both unit to pair them 

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again) FAQ258: How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/258/

Options
2022-01-14 10:36:05

Hello@Solla-topee 

"May I know were you able to pair them all by set them up from scratch? "    -> Yes, could pair them all from scratch

"add a powerline device using the Powerline Key"                                          -> adding with support by utility tp-PLC this doesn't work either

Secure is a critical feature which in case of momentary line deviations during execution could let adapters fall out of the net because of an unchanged name,

my recommendation: change network name only if it is mandatory

By the way: where is this utility available, does it run with TL-PA7017P ?

Options