Votes

These devices are missing some features that are in most devices

2022-01-13 01:50:35 - last edited 2023-09-06 11:24:26
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210607

Recently bought these not even 30 days ago; and the fact that these devices are missing security features that are in older mesh networks/routers is baffling. 

No Device MAC White List.  I've had other routers where it is possible to get approval before a device can join your network or its simply blocked. Not here.

Blacklist Websites at the Router/AP level. Can see this can be done from the profiles, but not from a 'higher level.' Even routers from 10 years ago, have this option. 

No Website Whitelist. Maybe I want it to where one device or profile can only access the websites that I want. Not Possible.

Splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels. Maybe this is possible, maybe it isn't - couldn't find out how.

Disabling DHCP server and NAT in router operation mode  - Everyone's setup is different - so it would be nice as a option.

Now if these are available, maybe someone can point it out and not have the interface so ambiguous, but if it isn't available - as you do with other posts - please "send to the R&D team" ....

Options
3 Reply
Re:These devices are missing some features that are in most devices
2023-09-06 11:24:34

@Serpenio 

Pre-Released 1.3.0 Firmware for Deco X50/X55 Adds Support for Whitelist and Matter

Hi All,

Deco X50/X55_V1 starts to support Whitelist/Mac Filtering. More models are planned and please stay tuned.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:These devices are missing some features that are in most devices
2023-10-07 19:39:18
Please add disabling DHCP to deco models!
Options
RE:These devices are missing some features that are in most devices
2023-11-17 21:05:04 - last edited 2023-11-17 21:05:53

X50-PoE user here, with the same astonishment... hopefully the implementation of MAC whitelisting in X50-PoE now that X50 is ready should not take long...

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 641

Replies: 3

Voters 6

+ 2 Voters