Votes

EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
93 Reply
Re:EasyMesh feature in all OneMesh Routers
2023-10-27 11:19:56

Omg7788 wrote

@Kevin_Z Erm the one you posted which says the easymesh firmware available earlier is for US version right? So can my router flash that firmware or not? Not sure why i can only see the firmware using a VPN connection.

@Omg7788 

Sorry but no. The latest 1.3.5 version was released for EU/JP/RU hardware, it's not applicable for the US version.

Please wait patiently for the new official firmware for your hardware. It won't be long.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-06 21:43:01

Hi  @Kevin_Z any updates on the US release? Thank you.

Options
2023-11-07 09:01:43

PrimoSlate wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z any updates on the US release? Thank you.

@PrimoSlate The new official firmware for AX73 US 1.0 is on the way. I believe you will get the new firmware notification very soon in one day or two.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-10 13:57:09

Hi  @Kevin_Z happy Friday.

I don't see any updates to the firmware page yet for the US branch, I believe on Tuesday this week you said it would only be a day or two more before the release.

Any chance this will be released before the weekend? Thank you.

Options
2023-11-12 10:17:50

PrimoSlate wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z happy Friday.

I don't see any updates to the firmware page yet for the US branch, I believe on Tuesday this week you said it would only be a day or two more before the release.

Any chance this will be released before the weekend? Thank you.

@PrimoSlate 

Sorry for keeping you waiting.

As I confirmed, the new official firmware was provided by the developers in early November. I'm not sure why it's still pending.

I will check with the related department once again to see where it gets stuck and will urge them to publish it as soon as they can.

Options
2023-11-13 07:16:31

@Omg7788   @PrimoSlate 

Just a heads up, the new official firmware 1.3.5 Build 202309221.3.5 Build 20230922 for AX73 US V1 has been published, and you can get a direct link from the below:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2023/202311/20231113/Archer AX73(US)_V1_230922.zip

Please make sure your AX73 is linked to your TP-Link account successfully and try to check for the update.

There might be a delay for the local websites, you may check the website for this version later:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax73/v1/#Firmware

Options
2023-11-13 07:55:21 - last edited 2023-11-13 07:57:00

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you so much for expedite the process for us to get the new EasyMesh supported firmware for all the V1 user...although it is been so long that we V1 user wait for the easymesh features, i thank you from my bottom heart for all what you have done & provide us the support here. I will wait for the global site the reflect the new firmware but at the same time i have already downloaded the firmware from the link you provide as well. Kudosyes @Kevin_Z , hope this firmware will work well with other router that supported easymesh too, time to add another router as mesh in my home networkwink

Options
2023-11-13 08:58:27

@Omg7788 

I'm happy to be helpful on this also, and I'm more than happy to be informed that EasyMesh is implemented for Archer AX73 V1.

I hope you will get EasyMesh to work properly. But please do let me know if there is any issue with it.

Options
2023-11-13 17:43:04 - last edited 2023-11-13 18:32:53

Thanks  @Kevin_Z! I have successfully downloaded and installed the new firmware. All seems to be working so far, I'll try extending to another router later via backhaul (which was the primary reason for me wanting easymesh support).

I had a couple of questions regarding OpenMesh extenders and the mesh options for the router in this firmware version.

I was anticipated there being a toggle between OneMesh and EasyMesh. It looks like the router now defaults to EasyMesh and that is the only mesh option. I don't have a problem with this but my question is about the satellite devices and extenders. I wasn't expecting OneMesh devices to work with EasyMesh without being listed as compatible in the compatibility list (https://www.tp-link.com/us/easymesh/product-list/).

Are we able to blend OpenMesh and EasyMesh devices and if so, what is the benefit of extenders fully supporting EasyMesh?

For example, I have an RE500X which is listed as "Planned" yet it seems to be working fine with my new EasyMesh network.

Thank you again for your support and help to get this firmware released and answering all of our questions Kevin!

Update: I see in the FAQ it states the answer to my question. It seems that EasyMesh TP-Link routers can utilize OpenMesh extenders. The extenders support for EasyMesh would allow them to be used in other EasyMesh networks. This is great news for me as I was not expecting to be able to use all of my OpenMesh extenders with EasyMesh until they fully supported the protocol. Awesome!

Can I use TP-Link EasyMesh products together with TP-Link OneMesh or Deco Mesh products?

A. Yes and No. Wi-Fi EasyMesh, TP-Link OneMesh™, and Deco Mesh are three different mesh Wi-Fi solutions provided by TP-Link. You cannot build a mesh network by mixing TP-Link OneMesh™ routers/extenders with Deco Mesh, but you can build up a mesh system with TP-Link EasyMesh and OneMesh™ devices. In other words, you can still build up a mesh network if you have “EasyMesh router + Onemesh extender” or “OneMesh router + EasyMesh extender”.

easymesh-onemesh

Options
2023-11-15 03:20:22

@PrimoSlate 

You got it right. Those Onemesh extenders can work with the EasyMesh routers without an issue and that is the EasyMesh design.

No worries, there will be more and more models including routers and extenders will support EasyMesh in the future. Please stay tuned.

Options

Voters 26

+ 22 Voters