TL-PA4010 - Three Lights Blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-17 15:50:29

Hi all, just opened up a pair of TL-PA4010 Powerline Adapters. All was good for about 5 minutes until one of the adapters stopped working, there seems to be various problems with this one adapter.

First up, the adapter needs to be turned off at the wall for a couple of minutes before it even powers on. Turning the plug socket on/off, or trying different sockets won't yield any power for it until it's been off for a while.

Once I do succesfully get power to the adapter, it'll pair and connect fine but only for ~30 seconds - 5 minutes. After that, all three lights will blink, again for ~30 seconds - 5 minutes before all the lights turn off.

I've tried searching for fixes but come up with no results. I've tried using the Utility app which doesn't detected anything, even when the adapter breifly works, as well as the PLC tool which just indefinetley gets stuck on "Scanning..."

Figured I'd try ask for help here before sending off for a refund. Any help would be greatly appricated :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010 - Three Lights Blinking
2022-01-20 11:37:58

Hello @Gray92 

Thank you for your detailed post.  You could try to factory reset the TL-PA4010:

Reset Wired Powerline unit: Keep pressing the pair button until all the Leds flash once       

If still the same issue, it could be a faulty unit, I recommend to contact retailer or local customer service to check device warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 1