Deco M9 plus with powerline / range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-19 09:22:49 - last edited 2022-01-19 09:24:13

Hey Guys,

I've seen a few threads on this subject but the language / jargon is beyond my knowledge so I wonder if someone can help me with an idiots guide to mixing the Deco M9 plus with powerline adaptors or powerline-based WiFi extenders.

Why do I need this?  I have a workshop some 40m from my house (where the router is).  Currently, to get a WiFi signal in the workshop I have 4 Deco M9 plus units talking to each other (the primary unit connected to my router and 3 further units to extend the range to the workshop - I need all those extra units because of the topology of my land). This doesn't seem very cost-effective to me!

What I would like is a mesh WiFi in my house plus a powerline-based WiFi extension into the workshop. 

Is this possible and, if so, can I have an idiots guide to setting it up (ideally with a recommendation on what extra components I need)?

Regards

Kim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus with powerline / range extenders
2022-01-20 10:02:12 - last edited 2022-01-20 10:06:01

@Kim1 

1.  We recommend considering more Decos as extenders, as Decos could build an integrated Mesh system. 

Here are some related FAQs that may help:
How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?
What are the differences between different models of Deco?

2. OneMeh-compatible devices belongs to TP-Link OneMesh , and OneMesh uses different Mesh technology from Deco Mesh

Powerline device /Range extender could work with Deco unit only as common extender , but could not build a mesh network with Deco. Please refer to Q1 for details: 
Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 1