Deco M4 disconnecting from Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-19 15:33:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 build 20210916 Rel. 56193

I have home mesh network of 3 M5 and 2 M4 devices (connected to internet via Archer VR600, one of the M5 is connected to the router with cable).

From time to time some units (mostly the M4 ones) disconnect from the mesh (light chnages to red). Other devices are connected and Wifi is working for them.

When I restart them they are connecting back. If nothing is done they connect back after few minutes.

these 2 devices has desktop computers connected to them with lan cable, so computers get disconnected when thi happen.

All devices are updated to latesr Firmware version.

Pleas ehelp to find what might cause these disconnections?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 disconnecting from Mesh
2022-01-20 12:01:27

@MosesYY 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did all the Deco work under access point and VR600 is the main router/DHCP server?

Can you provide me a layout about your network, such as:

Have you tried to move 2*M4 much closer to main M5, or swap the location with 2*M5 to check whether the disconnection follows the location?

Options
2022-01-23 06:43:31

@TP-Link 

Hi 

This is the setting I have.

VR600 is the the router, and all deco are access points.

The single M5 unit (M5b) sometimes connect to the M5c instead of to the main Deco.

I tried to replace between M5c and one of the M4 but it still happen from time to time.

I cannot move the M4 to another location - they are connected to desktop computer.

Thanks.

\Yair.

Options
2022-01-24 09:41:32

@MosesYY 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

How often would Deco M4s disconnect from other M5 units?

Is there any chance to wire both M5b and M5c via cable to VR600, especially Deco M5c?

And it is also recommended to install the following firmware on Deco M4 to see whether the instability got improved:

Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub

How to install the firmware on Deco M4 via web UI(the IP address of Deco M4 could be found on the APP): How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Options
2022-07-19 10:36:33

@TP-Link Hi again

System was stable for around 6 months and now started to disconnect again.

The problem is with the 2 M4 devices.

Unfortunately I cannot connect via wire the M5 devices. M5c and both M4 devices are on a different floor and I don't have way to connect them.

Last time the suggestion was to install a beta version on the devices and it seems the problem was resolved.

I have installed the latest version (as the link shows now), and I suspect that something is different between the 2 versions.

Can it be?

All M5 devices seems to work properly all the time and problem is only on the M4.

Thanks.

Yair.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 537

Replies: 4

Related Articles