Ethernet Connected But No Wifi AV600 Powerline WI-FI Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 11:01:11 - last edited 2022-01-24 11:02:32
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ?

I have had my pc for a while now and since getting it I have been using ethernet to connect to my router! I have been using the tp-link AV600 to do so and I hadn't had an issue until now! I know that its mainly a powerline but as I already said I have been using to connect to my router via ethernet until now and it has worked perfectly. But now I am having issues with getting it to work at all, I am technically connected to it via the ethernet cable but in the settings I constantly get 'No Internet' Underneath the Ethernet title. I thought that it was the same issues I had, had before with the ethernet, being that sometimes after my pc was on after a while I instead of Ethernet it would say 'unidentified network' and all I would have to do to fix it was unplug the powerline adapter from the wall for around 30 second and plug it all back in, but this is not the same issue at all!

I have tried unplugging the ethernet powerline adapter at both ends (the one that links to my pc and the one that links to the router) nothing, I tried pairing them together again and nothing, I tried just restarting the router and nothing! I have determined it wasn't the ethernet port on my motherboard because I plugged the ethernet into my laptop and I still had the same issue! Nothing I do changed the fact that it technically is connected but it just cannot access the WIFI for some reason! I have also followed a few articles like 'Do you have Ethernet connection, but no internet access?' just to see if any of them quick fixes would do anything but still nothing at all! I am kind of lost on what to do now because I am with Virgin Media as a broadband provider the router cannot handle being more than a few feet from a device for it to be useable I cannot use my pc at all and if I can it is for one thing at a time! Any advice would be amazing and I am sorry if the wording isn't perfect!

I posted this onto another forum and was told I needed to update the firmware but I pretty much followed everything that was said but I could no update the firmware no matter what on the software I installed I was told I needed a NVM and PIB file (I literally have no idea what either of them are, when I installed the firmware from the tp-link website I was told it was a BIN file) and then on the website when I tried it that way I kept getting told it was the wrong file! I am completley lost and I have no idea what to do now! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated thank you so much! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet Connected But No Wifi AV600 Powerline WI-FI Kit
2022-01-25 03:13:38 - last edited 2022-01-25 03:14:47

Hello @smeeep 

Can you double-check the device model& hardware version to provide the device firmware 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2053/

1.  ' Unidentified network ' or Red Cross on the Destop icon means Ethernet not connected properly physically 

You could try a different ethernet cable between AV600 extender and PC 

2. If Ethernet shows no internet, please check if the House Led/ Powerline Led still light up on the main or satellite unit? 

If House Leds are ON on power line units , you could try some suggestions here:
1> change a different Ethernet cable between Main router and main power line adapter
2> try a different LAN port on main router. 

If still the same problem,please connect a computer to router by Ethernet cable ( same cable that main powerline adapter is using) and check do you have any Internet? Please send us a photo of the IP address on PC when wired to router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1751

Replies: 1