Power cut during firmware upgrade. MR600 - Unluckiest person ever.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 10:38:20
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have been using my MR600 for the past two years... It's been a godsend living out in the sticks.

My worst nightmare ever happened. Right during the firmware I did last night (I haven't slept at all cause of this..) we had a power cut.

I thought the worst. And got the worst.

I have since been on my phone watching videos of how to unbrick it and followed a YouTubers advice on setting up TFTP and reseting the power so that the router connects to it and tries to download the bin file.. Except, nothing is happening and my TFTP server isn't showing any connection to it. We work from home, but I'm guessing this is one of the rare models of router that doesn't work the TFTP thing? Is there anyone who knows otherwise?

What is super annoying is that the guy on YouTube managed to unbrick his, but I can't unless I can flash the firmware on to it properly.

Can't believe the bad timing. If anyone can help me, I would be forever indebted to you.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Power cut during firmware upgrade. MR600 - Unluckiest person ever.
2022-01-26 10:46:25

@ScreenName9 

Hi, I am curious about what happened to MR600 after the power outage.

Is it still powered on? Or it has no response to reboot/reset at all?

Archer MR600 does not support firmware recovery over TFTP.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1