Problem with LAN with no WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 13:31:33 - last edited 2022-01-25 13:41:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hi,

I have a /24 LAN, where the Deco is DHCP server and gateway. There are about 20-30 static addresses in my LAN. None of these clients need access to WAN (ip cameras etc). But when I'm pulling out my WAN cable (and using the MESH network as LAN-network only), I'm only able to ping other clients on same interface (from wireless to wireless, but not from wireless to wired device). I have 2 Deco's, not wired in my LAN. Why does Deco need WAN in order to route between LAN (wired) LAN (wireless)?

MH

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with LAN with no WAN
2022-01-26 04:32:18

@Mohaug 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think your issue is related to the WAN/LAN auto-sensing protocol on Deco.

When you unplug the WAN cable, no modem would assign an IP address to Deco so that the main Deco will use both Ethernet ports to detect whether there Is available internet service.

In this way, the devices that are wired to main Deco would not be recognized as LAN clients.

For more details and possible suggestions, please refer to this link:WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 1

Related Articles