please help me to find best solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-28 23:10:57 - last edited 2022-01-30 15:24:08
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: latest

hi my friends i now have a tplink 840 v6.2 and really it's a wonderfull router, but the problem is the (100 M) ports and the (2.4 Ghz) wifi,

the bandwidth control of this router manage connections by agood way that it gives all pcs the same bandwidth and if i want to change i can easily, and the wodnderfull thing also is the switch that mean i can connect a nas system into the ethernet ports and i can use it by any number of pcs also by the same manner (each pc have the same bandwidth),

please help me to get a dualband router with a gigabit ethernet ports do the same function (gateway and switch), i intend to buy archer c6, is it agood choice ?

my friend has D-LINK and say that it has avery good 5 ghz wifi :

Options
3 Reply
Re:please help me to find best solution
2022-01-30 08:28:10 - last edited 2022-01-30 08:29:22

@HomeFileSharing 

Thanks for reaching our to us. 

Archer C6 is not recommended because it doesn't support bandwidth control feature. 

We only have one dualband router with a gigabit ethernet ports that supports bandwidth control feature. The model is Archer C3200, but this device is already end of life. 

Bandwidth control came out very early, so only old models support it. Now many models support QoS function.

You may check if QoS feature can meet your need.

How to set up QoS using TP-Link Wi-Fi router?

Options
2022-01-30 13:47:17

@TP-Link 

thanks for reply

but what about Qos in v2 it has configuration for lan and wlan interfaces... 

Options
2022-02-03 09:14:50

@HomeFileSharing 

What do you mean by configuration for lan and wlan interfaces? Do you refer to the upload/download bandwidth in QoS?

Upload and download bandwidth in QoS is set for the whole network. And it is kindly remind you that QoS can only set priority for device or application, can not set specific bandwidth for a certain device. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 3

Related Articles