T4U Plus is continuously disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 07:45:46
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I just bought a T4U Plus on TP Link amazon store. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08KHV7H1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

I already have an older T3U Plus and thought that I might get a stronger connection with the T4U Plus.

Unfortunately the T4U Plus wont keep a stable connection, and it will disconnect-reconnect every couple of seconds. There was a few days where it was stable. But all of a sudden its bad again. I tried updating the driver and plugging into different USB ports.

Do I have a defective device? Maybe its the cable? The T4U Plus has a unique cable that I dont have a replacement for though.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:T4U Plus is continuously disconnecting
2022-02-11 05:59:04 - last edited 2022-02-11 05:59:21

Hello @Hyprodimus 

May I know how far from Wi-Fi router the computer installed the adapter ? Here are some suggestions you could try for Adapter unstable issue: 

• Try a different Wi-Fi channel on the router: 

Scan nearby wireless channels using  inSSIDer/WiFi Analyzer app and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel and change wifi channel on the router.

• Try the chipset driver and see if that helps with performance: 

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T4U(Plus)

• Disable other wireless adapters on PC/ Laptop when use tp-link adapter 

If still the same,  may I know the model of router? 

What is the error message on Wi-Fi when the wifi connection drops, like can't connect to network, secured but no internet etc.
Please help check the driver version of adapter and computer motherboard info and send us the photos: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Thank you, 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 1

Related Articles